I'm new be gentle...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nurburgsingh

Car
Gt3
Hi I'm feeling the very necessary urge for some v8 rumble in my life and having 2 biggish kids I'm looking at an E class to fill the gap.

I've done endless searches for e55 vs e63 reviews but none seem to scratch any deeper than a tyre shredding drag race.

I've heard from friends that the supercharged car can be a bit snappy in the power delivery, which isn't what I want from my uber barge, which has me leaning towards the e63... the 63 is obviously a lot more expensive than the 55 and that eats into the potential pit fall fund..

So what I'm looking for is a real world comparison from someone who knows what these cars are like to live with in the U.K.
It'll be used for the occasional work commute up and down the m1 when I'm feeling frisky otherwise it'll be used to ferry the family about on long trips/holiday etc..

Any help is appreciated

Yaar that's the best name ever lmao

Welcome to the loony bin.

I can't speak for the E63 but I never found the E55K power delivery snappy - even when modded.

I used my old E55K for a trip to Cornwall earlier this year and it was a great.

The only downsides is it can be a faff to find it a parking space big enough sometimes and the smaller roads / fords can be interesting.

Wasn't too bad on the juice.

The E55K is quite a soft racing car so does the best of both worlds well...

You really need to try both the 55k and 63 to see which you prefer. Both deliver the power very differently.
Obviously the 63 is more up to date, sounds better, but has the £500pa road tax and the head bolt issue on older engines.
The 55k has way more torque from low down revs,cheaper road tax (£295pa) but has the possibility of an SBC pump replacement at some stage which isn't cheap.
Whichever you choose should have you smiling every time you drive it.They really are a great car for smallish money. Just keep a slush fund for any unexpected repairs.

The 55 is far from snappy but the power delivery is quite different to the 63. In standard tune the 55 feels faster, but isn't. Which is best comes down to your personal preferences.

The 63 is the facelift model and so will look and feel a touch fresher, but again due to preference, some prefer the slightly cleaner design of the 55 because it's pre-facelift.

Interior and handling dynamics are similar.

You really need to drive a few :thumb:

63 is the better no question.
Same scenario with the 63 v bi turbos ,evolution takes over.
Have fun testing the water buddy.

Mr Singh love the name. Very original. Welcome to the club and good luck with what AMG you go for. IMO go and drive both and decide for yourself. Me, I personally prefer the 55k with the low down grunt after driving both 63 & 55k cars. Good luck you will not be disappointed in either 63 or 55k. ;)

MC63CLK said:
63 is the better no question. Same scenario with the 63 v bi turbos ,evolution takes over. Have fun testing the water buddy.
have to disagree both are excellent in their own way.

I think it depends on the sort of driving style you have. The 55 is such a torque monster than it makes for fairly effortless driving. Conversely, the 63 can feel a bit underwhelming at lower speeds but makes up for it once you're in instant ban territory. You also benefit from slightly snappier gear changes (the 5-speed box does work in geological time but with so much torque it's less of a problem).

Thank you for the welcome guys, and for the appreciation of my moniker... it's been with me for a while, back in the days years before TG made the ring popular my brother and I were usually the only Indians in the village!

I've got ****s&giggles cars so I'm not expecting this to be used for B road shenanigans- this is for when I want to travel as a family - swiftly with a boot full of luggage.

I'm planning a weekend of tyre kicking so I'll report back on my findings.

...if only there were less silver ones!!!!

There looks like a very nice 55 in the classifieds here put up by Cobra7 but because I'm a newbie I can't post in the classifieds or PM him. Would one of you be so kind as to point him in this direction?

Thanks

There is a one owner 41k miles e55 on PistonHeads for £14k.

E55

There is a one owner 41k miles e55 on PistonHeads for £14k.

That's been for sale for many a month. Still unsold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom