I'm NOT A Sailor:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The suit is made from hemp with a tofu lining. True story.

What are you getting at?
I asked a question about AS - you came back with your usual cryptic comments. I then asked if she still has AS. Simple questions - not everybody asks cryptic questions.....:).

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked a question about AS - you came back with your usual cryptic comments. I then asked if she still has AS. Simple questions - not everybody asks cryptic questions.....:).

I have the impression that you and Grober are trying to discredit the girl by hinting at mental illness, you will naturally deny this and protest your innocence but that is how things look at present.

Non cryptic enough for you?

I mean I would put up a picture of me looking devastatingly handsome in my own hemp get up but I wouldn't want to break the internet! haha

I must admit that I am not a fan of what Greta Thunberg is doing. Her emotional plea is moving, granted, but I think that what we need in this case is more science and less emotions.

I must admit that I am not a fan of what Greta Thunberg is doing. Her emotional plea is moving, granted, but I think that what we need in this case is more science and less emotions.
I'm not a particular fan, however, I do see how she plays a part in getting people talking about the environment by her presence, I see her as a part of the marketing mix for people who share her views, some parts will be 'factual' and some will be emotional.

I don't imaging that she intended becoming a talking point in the manner that some old grunters have taken but she must be used to it by now.

Why worry? The rising sea level will extinguish the forest fires.

Why worry? The rising sea level will extinguish the forest fires.

Such sarcasm,
I wonder if we will be able to produce enough carbon dioxide in time,
to shield us from the expected solar flares.

I have the impression that you and Grober are trying to discredit the girl by hinting at mental illness, you will naturally deny this and protest your innocence but that is how things look at present.

Non cryptic enough for you?

While doing nothing to invalidate her " message", the AS diagnosis made before her recent prominence in the media does perhaps go some way towards explaining the way she has gone about campaigning that people find so annoying. That's before she became a media icon for the climate change lobby where it was rapidly recognised her naivety and youth seemed to ring a chord with many of her contemporaries. Her success perhaps lies with raising the profile of the issue among the social media/facebook generation of today, who, if climate change predictions are true , have the most to lose?

I would rather spend an few hours chatting with Clarkson then Thunderberg any day.
The words "rather die in a ditch" have just sprung to mind.

...Till over population is recognisd as the root cause of our destruction of the planet I can't get on board with all the penalty initiatives that are fashionable.

Agreed, but over-population is the one thing we can do absolutely nothing about.... so we should concentrate our efforts on those elements we CAN control (to some extent, at least).

I mean, the Chinese tried... but even for a totalitarian regime this was a failure and soon abandoned. What chance does a democracy has?

For example, what UK government (of any side of the political spectrum) can stop payments to single mothers, and survive the next elections? Etc.

Population growth is indeed a major issue, but, like the weather, there's nothing we can do about it.

(Or perhaps not 'like the weather'.... we can still do something about that)

Non cryptic enough for you?[/QUOTE

You have either completely misunderstood my questions or are being deliberately disingenuous. There is no hidden agenda in my questions. Imply whatever you like - my questions were sincere.

Is that plain (antonym for cryptic) enough for you?

Just sounds like a load of old men frightened by youth, it was ever thus.

This is the attitude which puzzles me, claiming frightened by youth/women is utter nonsense. So just because a young Women from a privileged upbringing is preaching to everyone (mainly people who cant afford to change their livestyles) everyone should actually stop and listen?

And what are the solutions to this increasing problem? Gretta doesnt know, nor do any of the other preachers out there.

All these companies/governments that are claiming to be 'Carbon Neutral' by 20XX arent actually solving anything, simply shifting the issue elsewhere. Just like Solar Panels or Electric cars. They are green at point of use, but are still harmful to the Planet.

Last edited:
I don't care what she says - I'm not giving up meat.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom