I'm NOT A Sailor:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I dont know why everyone is so worried, Elon Musk is going to build a colony where we can all live on Mars. I cant find anywhere to register online though! Maybe he has abandoned that idea.

This is the attitude which puzzles me, claiming frightened by youth/women is utter nonsense. So just because a young Women from a privileged upbringing is preaching to everyone (mainly people who cant afford to change their livestyles) everyone should actually stop and listen?

And what are the solutions to this increasing problem? Gretta doesnt know, nor do any of the other preachers out there.

All these companies/governments that are claiming to be 'Carbon Neutral' by 20XX arent actually solving anything, simply shifting the issue elsewhere. Just like Solar Panels or Electric cars. They are green at point of use, but are still harmful to the Planet.
I didn't suggest people were frightened by women, but now you mention it....

I dont know why everyone is so worried, Elon Musk is going to build a colony where we can all live on Mars. I cant find anywhere to register online though! Maybe he has abandoned that idea.
Knowing how Elon Musk works, I am sure you can pre-book your ticket on the 2042 Tesla Mars Rocket by paying a reservation fee now.

This is the attitude which puzzles me, claiming frightened by youth/women is utter nonsense. So just because a young Women from a privileged upbringing is preaching to everyone (mainly people who cant afford to change their livestyles) everyone should actually stop and listen?

And what are the solutions to this increasing problem? Gretta doesnt know, nor do any of the other preachers out there.

All these companies/governments that are claiming to be 'Carbon Neutral' by 20XX arent actually solving anything, simply shifting the issue elsewhere. Just like Solar Panels or Electric cars. They are green at point of use, but are still harmful to the Planet.
What does being carbon neutral actually mean? All I see is people jetting around in their private jets and making a financial donation to some eco charity, how does that offset all the emisions they have just created?

I didn't suggest people were frightened by women, but now you mention it....

You didnt, but that is the default response now if a large number of people/fan bases/groups disagree with something.

Ghostbusters (2016), Starwars: The Last Jedi and Recently Terminator: Dark Fate's directors have completely alienated their key target audiences by suggesting the films flopped due to 'Men being unable to deal with lead Female roles', when infact they were just totally shit films regardless of the gender of their lead roles.

What does being carbon neutral actually mean? All I see is people jetting around in their private jets and making a financial donation to some eco charity, how does that offset all the emisions they have just created?

A fancy term which allows the middle class to sleep at night thinking they are making a difference, which infact they are not in the slightest.

Yes.
It doesn't matter what her upbringing was, it is the information she imparts that is important - nothing else is. Especially not her appearance.

Who is best placed to recognise the change in behaviour any particular person can make but that particular person themself? It's for us to start making changes - or wait until they are imposed on us?

Then call them out on their BS and don't buy from them. Your wallet is at least as effective as any ballot paper.

It doesn't matter what her upbringing was,

It does. If she was from a poor upbringing or didnt have the opportunities she has had, noone would know her name or have given her any attention.

Typical middle class preaching to the masses without any real world experience of peoples lifes outside of her privileged background.

What do you good people think we should do about Brazil? The rainforest is being decimated on a daily basis to make way for more and more cattle to feed the worlds population. this is all being done with the cooperation of the Brazilian government to increase their economy. If the West are so concerned about this why dont we oust the Brazilian government and put an end to this for the sake of the planet? Talk is just talk.

It does. If she was from a poor upbringing or didnt have the opportunities she has had, noone would know her name or have given her any attention.

Typical middle class preaching to the masses without any real world experience of peoples lifes outside of her privileged background.

There'd be no climate change if Greta Thunberg had been born into a sink estate?

The messenger's background matters not one jot - only the message.

Why did Nutter Thunberg complain about having her childhood stolen?

Shouldn't her parents be asked?

What do you good people think we should do about Brazil? The rainforest is being decimated on a daily basis to make way for more and more cattle to feed the worlds population. this is all being done with the cooperation of the Brazilian government to increase their economy. If the West are so concerned about this why dont we oust the Brazilian government and put an end to this for the sake of the planet? Talk is just talk.

Because overthrowing the Brazilian government is so much easier than curbing meat consumption.

Just sounds like a load of old men frightened by youth, it was ever thus.
I'm not frightened by youth, but I have always been frightened by large groups of stupid people - who seem to have adopted "Saint" Greta as some sort of deity. Scientifically illiterate waffle such as "we only have 10 years to save the planet" does nothing to advance knowledge, it merely scares small children and the hard of thinking.

Instead of the ludicrous notion that we should all instantly "decarbonise" (itself, a nonsense concept), the application of clear thinking and measured actions with consequences that can reasonably be expected based on the sound application of science will ensure that the planet, and we, survive. Precipitative action based on eco group-think will have no effect other than to impoverish humanity.

There'd be no climate change if Greta Thunberg had been born into a sink estate?

The messenger's background matters not one jot - only the message.

Your missing my point, if she was born in a 'Sink Estate' she wouldnt have had the opportunity to Preach and you would never had heard of her. Regardless of the message.

I was pulled up for metioning 'political', but really that is where the the remedy for over population is.

Agreed, but over-population is the one thing we can do absolutely nothing about.... so we should concentrate our efforts on those elements we CAN control (to some extent, at least).

Actually I would view that we can do more about the over population than we can, realistically, do about reducing emissions to any meaningful level.
The developing countries, and even the well developed countries sometimes, prefer to ignore the call for increasing the awareness of their people and create policies to reduce their own effect. We can't force 'em, and we can only try to persuade by sanctions, that would then cause more hardship to an already hard up country, in the case of the lesser developed of course.
We could offer incentives to reduce breeding though.

If we ignore the ever increasing growth of population/s then it follows that more people on our planet will negate any efforts to reduce our negative effect on the planet.

Gov't's need to stop incentivizing population growth. While things have changed in the UK from the 'have more kids get more state money' of the past, there is still offerings to cause some, if not many, to have more.

I mean, the Chinese tried... but even for a totalitarian regime this was a failure and soon abandoned. What chance does a democracy has?

As I understand the greatrest failing was the cause to abondon little Empresses as couples were only allowed one and wanted that to be an Emporer.
Since the economic growth and the building of new cities it seems China can now manage the population better.
And let's face it there isn't evidence that China has concerns around over population of the planet, or reducing emissions anyway.
Build more cities, produce more to sell for peanuts to the West, and create a bigger and better armed military than the US seems to be the strategy.

In short while companies enjoy more people to sell to, while Gov't's enjoy greater taxes as a result, there will be no will to address the root cause of pretty much all man made negatives.

You can mention the Goverment indirectly, just dont let it get Political :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom