I'm out!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ahh, must have feature for me

No, the plan was most definitely to keep the C63 long term. I even had cash aside for a supercharger kit this spring. Then I drove the Alfa!

To be honest, I haven't even looked at the back seats. My primary focus is the gearbox, engine and the external appeal. The back seats are secondary as it won't be the family daily. I did choose the carbon shell fronts at first but on asking the sales guy he said they are not full electric like the standard ones. I like the carbon seats but I'd rather have the full range of adjustment and not just the basics.

For anyone who's looking at the W205 C63 or M3/M4 you should give the Alfa a look. Be quick though as there is a price increase in Jan. The gearbox is sublime and the engine phenomenal. Being 300kg lighter than the C63 makes a big difference too, and I'm thinking good things are going to happen with this car.

:)

No thanks I'd settle for the best at 60k price tag C63 got my preference if it was 40k or there abouts it would make more sense...
Enjoy your new car .

Last edited:
No thanks I'd settle for the best at 60k price tag C63 got my preference if it was 40k or there abouts it would make more sense...
Enjoy your new car .

Love your pessimism ;)

Where does 300kg claim come from - Alfa's Marketing Team? Not picking holes, just curious.

It's not a cheap car I agree, but at the end of the day it's effectively a 4 door Ferrari. I just fancy something different after owning 5 Germans in a row, 2 of them C63s.

Where does 300kg claim come from - Alfa's Marketing Team? Not picking holes, just curious.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the W204 C63 weighs 1805kg?

The Alfa weighs 1524kg so I'm told

Correct me if I'm wrong, the W204 C63 weighs 1805kg?

The Alfa weighs 1524kg so I'm told

Mine if I remember well and it's a estate is about 1680kg.

Various weights on the net, but the saloon looks to have a kerb weight of 1780kg

That's still 250kg

Various weights on the net, but the saloon looks to have a kerb weight of 1780kg

That's still 250kg

I wouldn't believe everything that comes out of Alfa sales manager's mouth. Obvioulsy Giulia is up against tough competition so a bit of marketing work to try and sway potential buyers is to be expected. I doubt Mercedes which is a much bigger and stronger brand than Alfa wouldn't try and save weight where they could. The CF prop shaft in these already heavy saloons is a gimmick. Not that it's there to save any weight. AMG's shafts are pretty light, you can easily lift them with one hand. Bonnets are aluminium. Between the two you can probably save like 15-20kg if you went with CF. The biggest weight saving is the engine being V6. Let's wait and see until someone takes Alfa to a track day and weighs it in.

No, solid roof I'm afraid. Weight savings etc are a big emphasis on this model

I think you've made a great choice. I'd have one myself over anything in the same class provided the company was paying. Now a used one might be just the ticket.

As for the non availability of a pano roof, don't believe about the weight saving claims being the reason. It's more likely Alfa are not offering the option simply due to engineering and production costs. No matter it doesn't detract from the desirability of the car with the added bonus of less to gone wrong and of course the car is lighter without a roof option.

Last edited:
Evo say its 1524kg dry

Dry? So what do EVO say for a C63 dry? Sorry, but I'll take CAR's figure, after all it sounds far more realistic. Regardless, don't get hung up on the Alfa's weight as there's bound to be a degree of marketing speel and disinformation plus you'll have to suffer bull and lack of product knowledge from you local Alfa dealer.

It's not a cheap car I agree, but at the end of the day it's effectively a 4 door Ferrari. I just fancy something different after owning 5 Germans in a row, 2 of them C63s.

Good luck with it - certainly looks like a smart piece of kit.

I certainly understand the move from Germany to Italy!

:bannana:

Dry? So what do EVO say for a C63 dry? Sorry, but I'll take CAR's figure, after all it sounds far more realistic. Regardless, don't get hung up on the Alfa's weight as there's bound to be a degree of marketing speel and disinformation plus you'll have to suffer bull and lack of product knowledge from you local Alfa dealer.

1769kg dry according to someone who weighed it at a track.

It's not important, you are right. It will be a good bit lighter than the C63 though, I can guarantee that. You've only got to feel the door weight etc to see it's lighter.

Anyway, I'm excited :)

I think everyone who has an interest in cars has at least one Alfa story and it'll be great to hear yours, Eddie. Congratulations :thumb:

A quick one about quoted weights: Mercedes always quote their car kerb weight compliant to EC Regulation which means "the mass of the vehicle, with its fuel tank(s) filled to at least 90 % of its or their capacity/ies, including the mass of the driver, of the fuel and liquids, fitted with the standard equipment in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and, when they are fitted, the mass of the bodywork, the cabin, the coupling and the spare wheel(s) as well as the tools". The driver is assumed to be 75kg (apparently I'm more than one driver :rolleyes: ).

Comparing dry weight with this is clearly going to give a significant difference, and options will also come into play. The only way to compare weights is to put the actual cars concerned on scales in the same condition.

I'll weigh mine this week and then weigh the demo next month when I get it for a day or so.

Well I love it whatever it weighs!

They look stunning, sound stunning and smashed the Nurburgring, I think the £60k is a bargain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom