I'm out!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ecain63

Car
'62 C63 PPP Saloon. Red. V5 Map. Remus exhaust. 181mph at Vmax stealth
After testing the new Alfa Guilia QV I must confess that I bloody loved it! So much so that I placed an order yesterday with a delivery expected in April / May. I don't think i've ever enjoyed a test drive so much, it's fantastic!

With that, the C63 will have to go by March. So, if anyone is looking for a fully loaded, low mile PPP saloon please do ask.

Eddie

Seriously , that good ?

We're heading down to Alfa this week based on what you've done.

It looks stunning and reviews all say its a great car. Congrats.

Looks good. Did you go for carbon fibre back seats?

Looks good. Did you go for carbon fibre back seats?

Originally yes. But changed after considering the fact they are manual adjustment. The standard ones are still great and have full electrics and heating.

Spec I've gone for is:

Comp Red
Yellow callipers
Grey teledial wheels
Carbon steering wheel

So much comes as standard on the Alfa. Carbon everywhere inc. Carbon propshaft, carbon bonnet, carbon boot. 300kg lighter than the Merc.

Sub 4 seconds? Blimey

Looks nice, sounds good from the review

One to watch to see how it runs in real life

I really want this to be a great car.
I'm a massive Fiat/Alfa fan from the 80's and have been waiting for them to get their act together.
Even as a Alphafile though I must admit I will wait until they have a couple of years of successful sales before taking the plunge.

I really want this to be a great car.
I'm a massive Fiat/Alfa fan from the 80's and have been waiting for them to get their act together.
Even as a Alphafile though I must admit I will wait until they have a couple of years of successful sales before taking the plunge.

The continent has had them for a while and so far reliability is good. 3 year warranty and a good friend at the dealership will serve me well I'm sure.

It's a cracking looking car with some nice extra parts included as standard. The reviews are good also which is promising.

Reading the review I felt the more natural comparison was towards the C63 gives the way the ride translates to the road.

From the side I see a little m5 resemblance with no bad thing. The front and back are pure Alfa which is great to see.

I hope the 60k price is not to high to attract a good number of buyers not just the Alfa fans. After all it looks like such a great package and my only criticism would be that it would have been nice to see a V8 under the hood. However I doubt then Ferrari would have been involved at all.

Very interesting car Eddie - going to be a great choice - really looking forward to reading more when you get it

Amazing looking and sounding car also contemplating a test drive myself. You didn't fancy keeping the C63 ? How does the rear seats look in the Alfa just that from a pic I saw these looked a little cheap?

Amazing looking and sounding car also contemplating a test drive myself. You didn't fancy keeping the C63 ? How does the rear seats look in the Alfa just that from a pic I saw these looked a little cheap?

No, the plan was most definitely to keep the C63 long term. I even had cash aside for a supercharger kit this spring. Then I drove the Alfa!

To be honest, I haven't even looked at the back seats. My primary focus is the gearbox, engine and the external appeal. The back seats are secondary as it won't be the family daily. I did choose the carbon shell fronts at first but on asking the sales guy he said they are not full electric like the standard ones. I like the carbon seats but I'd rather have the full range of adjustment and not just the basics.

For anyone who's looking at the W205 C63 or M3/M4 you should give the Alfa a look. Be quick though as there is a price increase in Jan. The gearbox is sublime and the engine phenomenal. Being 300kg lighter than the C63 makes a big difference too, and I'm thinking good things are going to happen with this car.

:)

No, solid roof I'm afraid. Weight savings etc are a big emphasis on this model

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom