I'm selling the Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

d w124

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
w124 3.6AMG styling E320 S124 Lorinser styling
As ^ I'm having to sell my coupe as much as I'd like to keep it
Is not addvertised anywere yet but just though I see if anyone here is interested as I really want it to go to a member
I'll put it on the sale section this weekend

Why do you want to sell it??

I do not want to Nick but I one of them things you want but don't need
I was having second thoughts until someone decided to key the bootlid while the car was parked on my drive :wallbash:
It would be hard to find another one like it (you'll see it on the gtg) but is just that I really don't have time to drive and enjoy a pillarless car

...I really don't have time to drive and enjoy a pillarless car

I know what you mean. There is hardly enough time in life for the pillared cars, never mind the pillarless ones. And, as for cars with ashtrays, they are waaaaaay down the priority list.:)

Did you get the bootlid sorted or did you just leave it keyed?

Did you get the bootlid sorted or did you just leave it keyed?

Sorted that as well as another scratch

I'm sure it will make a super buy for someone Dash - it certainly looked good in the photos. Not for me alas, but the coupe is a great car.

Good luck with the sale Dash, hopefully there's a forum member on here who's after one.

I do hope that you sell it to an enthusiast as good 124's are not common.

I know how you feel about not driving the coupé enough as I have the same problem in finding time to take my cabriolet out for a run. I've had it for nearly 7 years and done just 5,000 miles.

It looked like a very nice car Dash, I think anybody wanting a Coupe would be silly not to check yours out, especially as we all know you wouldn't see anybody off with a dud.
Good luck with it!

W124nut, I'm beginning to think your car could be as good as Del320's, could this be true? How about a few facts and figures somewhere, sometime......:):)

well I see it every day, i dont need it but I want it because its looks just sooo spot on in the red with the black leather :) But SWMBO would literally kill me if I turned up with it !!!

Can you buy a share in it, with Dash & maybe one other with a garage? Costs come right down and you still can go for a drive etc etc.

Just a thought Gents........

Can you buy a share in it, with Dash & maybe one other with a garage? Costs come right down and you still can go for a drive etc etc.

Just a thought Gents........

Not an option as he`s got to much going also but I see what you mean though :thumb:

I do hope that you sell it to an enthusiast as good 124's are not common.

I know how you feel about not driving the coupé enough as I have the same problem in finding time to take my cabriolet out for a run. I've had it for nearly 7 years and done just 5,000 miles.

As much as is nice,no takers yet and I as yourself was hoping it goes to a member here

W124nut, I'm beginning to think your car could be as good as Del320's, could this be true? How about a few facts and figures somewhere, sometime......:):)

Do these photos wet the appetite?

E320Frontoffside-1.jpg

E320Rearoffside-1.jpg

DSCN0677.jpg

DSCN0678.jpg

DSCN0680.jpg

Have had a lot of work done recently and more to do in April next year.

Mmmm! :):) I've just had the same done to front and rear on one of my Cabbies.

Makes a big difference with new rubber in the rear doesn't it. Picked mine up yesterday, then went for a 400 km drive; sooooooo much sharper now......:):)
Did you notice a dramatic improvement especially switching from turn to turn??

And a quick observation, shouldn't there be stop plates on the rear subframe bushes, between the bolt and the bush, I think the ones you get now are rectangular, not the circular ones originally fitted..........??

Superb car. I had a W124 coupe and loved it, but the convertable was one of the best ever looking Mercs.
Reggie

Wdb124066, Yes I did notice a difference in the handling of the car but I hope that this will be improved further when I get the front suspension etc overhauled in April of next year.

At the same time as the replacing of the rear suspension etc, I also had new rear wheel arches, new front wings and some rust cut out behind the rear o/s light cluster. Water had pooled here over time and attacked the metal work.

Cant belive I`m finding it so hard to sell the car :(

030811030-1.jpg

If only it was a cab. I am in the market for a Merc cab (early SLK) as a summer toy and would have been interested in your W124 if it was a cab and the price was right.

Nice car ypu've got. If you dont mind me asking, how much is it up for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom