Im Soooo Excited And Its NOt The New Car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
After years of waiting, knowing it would happen, hoping I live long enough to participate (Im 46) on the 2/3/4 June its happening

DVLA Auction Northamptonshire

Lot (?)

SO10 MON

Guess what my surname is !! I cant stop thinking about it - I have always wanted this plate since I realised it was coming

Any estimates of what it wil go for .........

Not saying I can afford it but i will be there in person possibly in the new car.
If its "reasonable" I want it, I have been saving for it for over 5 years in an ISA so Im prepared but within reason obviously. If it goes above £15k I cant get it

I'm guessing at over 10k.

Its auction plus vat plus commision plus vat on commision plus £80 - All going to Gov coffers to be used to ease the plight of the needy

Let's have a little sweepstake. The winner gets the change from your £15K :devil: I think you'll be safe but without a plate, I reckon it'll go for nearer £20K.

I know someone who wanted PR 05 SER and that was with a retailer at a little over £50K !

I have a cousin with exactly the same name as you! :D

Jewish surname = big bucks, I'd wager.

Good luck though.

I always wondered how new-issue stuff got done, auction makes sense I suppose. However Maff referred to CL10 CUP being taken "before him", so do ones that DVLA haven't twigged to just get released to a list, or what?

I think this will tip £50k

However Maff referred to CL10 CUP being taken "before him", so do ones that DVLA haven't twigged to just get released to a list, or what?

DVLA will generally reserve any new plates that it regards as worthy of entry into an auction or sealed bid sale ahead of the March and September release dates for each series.

Then, four months ahead of the general release, any unreserved plates will be offered for sale with an all-inclusive, fixed price tag via the DVLA website, with the price varying between around £400 and £4000, depending on desirability. At that point, it's first-come, first-served. The starting price usually drops to £250 after a year or two.

Closer to the release date, the range of available combinations is reduced to allow plates to be allocated for general new registrations, although I think some popular prefix combinations are excluded from general issue altogether.

SO10 MON

Any estimates of what it wil go for .........

I think your biggest problem here is going to be the dealers. They have deep pockets, and will happily put in a high bid in the knowledge that once they have it, they can effectively name their price and just sit on the plate until someone's prepared to pay it.

But good luck, anyway. :)

I think your biggest problem here is going to be the dealers. They have deep pockets, and will happily put in a high bid in the knowledge that once they have it, they can effectively name their price and just sit on the plate until someone's prepared to pay it.

But good luck, anyway. :)

Agree, I also knew a few Solomons so I'd imagine it would go for big money too. The dealers are most likely to bid this up as there would be quite a bit of competition for this one.

Hello

Good luck bidding, I would think more than you have saved for it, but you never know.

I must be really thick but couldn't get the meaning of the plate until seeing gridlocks post. My guess if a car past me with that plate on I'd think it was a scottish registered car and try and remember if it was an Edinburgh or Dundee plate, and then forget about it. Sorry, £50k buys something more memorable IMHO.

Took me a while to work out the name....I kept wondering how and why you were so excited over Simon with two extra Os in it...:D

That one will go for masses..................I say £70k.........so hope your ISAs have been doing well..:D

But then there are many fools and their money etc etc etc...

I reckon you might get lucky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom