Im to embarresed to BARTER on Price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
WOW. Thanks Malcolm.

The cradle is different to mine.
The cord on mine plugs/goes straight into the phone, NOT the CRADLE.
The phone still comes out of the cradle so that you can put the sim card in BUT is NEVER mobile.

Some one else will have to come in on this as I do not know what it is then

Does it have a sliding compartment on the back of the handset where the Sim card goes?

Maybe it is the fixed handset version, and then i don't think it will be locked.

Does it have a sliding compartment on the back of the handset where the Sim card goes?

Maybe it is the fixed handset version, and then i don't think it will be locked.

YES IT DOES slide out out of the back.
It did not accept two different TMobile Sim Cards?

Well done AlfieCon. What a relief it must be. For you as well:D
We lived every yard of the marathon with you. Least you can do is get to the Beaulieu meet on June 7th and let us all stroke it. And shake your hand. Really do hope you enjoy to the full.

Make sure to post a full review once you've had a good drive. And some pics.

Hi Alfie,

Really pleased for you, I'm sure you're over the moon with the new purchase and I wish you all the best of luck with it :)

Have you been to Mercedes-Benz World before? We're having a forum GTG (informal meet) there on the 20th of April (next weekend).

I'm sure many of the forum members would love to see your car if you can make it, I know Malcolm (Television) and some others will be there, maybe you'll pick up a few hints and tips as well :cool:

Details are in the 'Events' section. http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=48952

Will

Well Done Alfie!

I was going to ask when we're likely to see some pics but I have a feeling that somewhere on a digital camera forum...

Alfie, well done.. this has been the longest thread ever, a lot of it a little tiring, but im very glad you finally have a car!!

I know which phone you have and you are right, it is fixed... It should accept any sim card, they are open to all networks from factory... are you sure you are putting it in right? What does it say when you turn it on?

well done Alfie - this has to be a record thread on buying a car - it has made interesting reading - and I am glad that you have now aquired the car of your dreams....

I think - but I may be wrong T mobile uses a different band than vodafone and o2 and may not be compatible with older models (nor Orange )...BUT I may be completely wrong.....PM Richard ..what he doesn't know about these things isnt worth knowing..

Look forward to seeing pics...:bannana:

And me. This thread is so surreal. I think it's a wind-up and he's not really buying anything!!:eek::D

Well it is real even though the car does not have the Standard telephone install. I have not seen the one that he has in the car, but Jay has in other cars.. There will be more questions to come but not on buying the car.

This is the new version, but looks very similar

8424_large.jpg

There is usually either a sim card port or a cradle for your actual mobile phone on the dash and then you have a fixed phone in the centre console too..
however you can also get a nokia built in corded phone by itself and you have to insert your sim card every time you get in the car... any guesses why its not very common! I think this is what Alfie has, although ive only ever seen it on W220's...

Last edited:
Hi Alfie,

Really pleased for you, I'm sure you're over the moon with the new purchase and I wish you all the best of luck with it :)

Have you been to Mercedes-Benz World before? We're having a forum GTG (informal meet) there on the 20th of April (next weekend).

I'm sure many of the forum members would love to see your car if you can make it, I know Malcolm (Television) and some others will be there, maybe you'll pick up a few hints and tips as well :cool:

Details are in the 'Events' section. http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=48952

Will

Thanks for your thoughts.
The meet would have been good to go to so soon.
It would have been good to learn SOMETHING about the SL:p .
Unfortunately, i am taking the Mrs to Sardinia for a long W/E for her birthday.
I dont think she would take it to well if i CANCELLED:eek: .

Well done AlfieCon. What a relief it must be. For you as well:D
We lived every yard of the marathon with you. Least you can do is get to the Beaulieu meet on June 7th and let us all stroke it. And shake your hand. Really do hope you enjoy to the full.

Make sure to post a full review once you've had a good drive. And some pics.

That sounds like a possible meet for me if the other half is not working.
We do not know her rota yet but hopefully we will be there.
Thanks for the info.

I was going to ask when we're likely to see some pics but I have a feeling that somewhere on a digital camera forum...

Is there some kind of "in joke" here?
If yes, i really dont get it.
(UPDATE. YES I DO:p .)
You may find this hard to believe but im NOT a Net/Forum Person but will stick on this site. I have a "little" to learn:) .
I had a "how do i open the petrol cap" spell yesterday:crazy:

Anyway, im nowhere near a OLD FOGEY (yet) but i really do not have ANY idea how to upload pictures to the internet.

I will ask my (20 yr old) daughter how to do it.
It may be a while before i do/learn.
Im pretty sure she CANT BE BOTHERED to help and show me how:) .

Last edited:
If you have a picture on your computer and you want to put it up.

Under the reply box that you use when posting there is a "Manage attachments" click on that and a box will open.

Click on the browse in the first line and choose "my pictures" your picture will come up, just click on the one that you wish to upload, the box will go and then click upload,, when successful you will See the ID for the upload by the manage attachment.

There is a place to practice here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom