iMac memory

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldcro

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range Rover Sport 3.0 HSE
Upgraded my iMac memory yesterday from the standard 4GB to 16GB. Price from Apple is £480 when ordering on line. Ordered from Crucial and delivered 36 hours later for a total price of £86.35, a saving of £393.65.:bannana:

:eek: Major shock as Apple customer discovers Apple charges over the odds :eek:

^ We do this all the time,

Apple memory is a joke.

My last order was for 300 21.5" iMac imagine the addtional costs on these using apple...

:eek: Major shock as Apple customer discovers Apple charges over the odds :eek:

I posted so that any member choosing an Apple computer on line should think twice about adding memory from the options list. Not all members are computer savy or IT experts, so a timely reminder with Christmas not far away.

^ your right

My dad would go on the apple website and as if choosing a car add the mac and then your lead to options.

If he wanted 8gb instead of 4gb as he knows more is good... He would just tick the option.

Completly unaware that it costs maybe half less or more elsewhere and only a few screws to change.

Your right Good post

Although I absolutely agree... what on earth are you doing on your mac that requires 16gb of memory???

Although I absolutely agree... what on earth are you doing on your mac that requires 16gb of memory???

I'm hoping it will speed things up when working on HD movie clips, no not that type of movie I should add.

I have 8GB and it fair flies. Not sure if mine can take 16GB. It's a twin core 27". If you have an i5 or i7 core with 16GB it must be very quick indeed.

I have 8GB and it fair flies. Not sure if mine can take 16GB. It's a twin core 27". If you have an i5 or i7 core with 16GB it must be very quick indeed.

Yes I have the 27" i7 model with a 3.4GHz processor, an unexpected purchase due to the Apple store having one in stock. An expensive visit considering I only went in to buy a camera connection for the iPad 2.

Have not tested it at full speed yet as I'm still running it in.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom