Imac trackerpad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nigel cross

MB Enthusiast
Car
W164 ML350 Audi S4
Anyone else here use a new mac trackerpad?
Whats your battery life like on yours?
The keyboard and mouse are ok, but the trackerpad seems a bit battery hungry

Mine is ok, lasts a fair few months using rechargeables.

I do remember not so long ago though when I used a magic mouse and Bluetooth keyboard the batteries used to only last weeks but this was fixed with an apple software update. I think it was something to do with placing the devices into a proper sleep mode.

I always turn off my BT mouse and keyboard when I shut down the Imac. How are you finding the trackpad? Can it be used as well as the mouse on BT or is one or the other choice. I was thinking of getting one but think I may go for the bamboo pen and touch track pad instead....(not BT but USB - may be better for use with Photoshop etc)

I think it takes some getting used to when navigating around excel sheets (in wmware anyway as this currently doesnt support the two finger scroll left/right).
I do prefer it to a mouse (just about) and it was the simple three finger swipe left to skip to the previous web page when browsing that did it for me.
Pinch to zoom is good and also I use quite a few windows so four fingers flick down for expose works well.
I also use it for photoshop, it feels natural when brushing with your finger :)

I bought a Trackpad to go with my Imac, but after two weeks use could not get on with it so have reverted to my trusty mouse.

I like it, and dont use the mouse now.
Suppose its because I use a laptop with one on all day.

Can the trackpad and the magic mouse both be run together?

Yes of course they can be connected and used together, but at the same time they would be fighting for control of the pointer graphic ;)

I had both mine on for a while but now ironically just use the mouse with my MacBook that has a built in trackpad :) (I do lots of spreadsheet work)

Can the trackpad and the magic mouse both be run together?
Yes,just dont try and use them both at the same time poor old mac will be confused

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom