Imadoofus' E320 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

del320

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
1996 E320 Coupe
Looks pretty damn good to me, Sir. Not sure I would dare take such a close-up of my bonnet without a bit of work with PS7 - see them stone chips!!! :(

BTW, pay close attention to those wise chaps on this Forum who have discussed graunchy ingnition lock barrels. Heading off to France in three weeks and despite only having done 6k miles since the last (A) service in April '04 (Yes, '04) I've bottled out and today booked the old jalopy in for the major (18k) service a week on Wednesday.

I mentioned the lock and Jim came out and checked it and said it's def on the way out. I said I had squirted in a bit of WD40 at which he said Ohmygawd and sucked his teeth - DON'T EVER DO THAT :crazy:

I'll only need the car once between now and then, so fingers crossed. I'll let you know how it all goes next week.

Oh - and none of that cobblers about ID, passports & DNA....

All on order with no fuss :D

Yes, that's a very nice gallery. You are brave was Del says and that must be a pretty his res camera you have too.

I like the way you have done the shots and your car is extremely nice.

Thanks guys; and for the various pm's I've received too. :D

Apart from the polishing, the car is as I bought it (bear in mind I only got it at the end of June), and because I think I got such a good 'un, I am happy to show it off battle scars and all. :eek:

Stone chip repairs and so on are scheduled for later in the year (two weeks off in September should cover it). It's never going to look like Del320's without a full respray, but could be improved, I accept.

Nevertheless, it's a doozy, and being a big classic car man, I know that patina adds character (!)

As for the shots, I'm just ar*ing about really. Inspiration came from 'Mercedes', by Rainer Schlegelmilch; Hartmut Lehbrink and Jochen von Osterroth, published by Könemann.

BTW, the camera is a Pentax Optio S4i (4mp) at 2304 * 1728 res. Smaller than a fag packet, and it goes everywhere with me.

PJ

PS: I take it I can get blue-black paint in touch-up quantities?

imadoofus said:
PS: I take it I can get blue-black paint in touch-up quantities?

Hi PJ,

Very nice looking car there, and a great colour ( ;) )

You can get touch up paint from the main dealers, it's only a few quid and you get two bottles (one is lacquer). Take your time touching them in (use a fine needle or cocktail stick etc).

There's some good information on stone chip repairs in the bodywork section too, basically involves using a pencil eraser tip with some fine wet/dry to level out the repair before compounding/polishing back again.

Good luck,

Will

Crackin lookin motor...enjoy posin on ya hols..

And best of all, (and much kudos to Janner for spotting the steering wheel in my pictures, which led to this discovery):

IT'S A SPORTLINE!!!! YAY!

It just keeps getting better :rock:

PJ

imadoofus said:
BTW, the camera is a Pentax Optio S4i (4mp) at 2304 * 1728 res. Smaller than a fag packet, and it goes everywhere with me.

I can vouch for its quality although I had It in my back pocket the other weekend and cracked the screen :crazy:
Any recomendations as to where to get it fixed??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom