Imagine the power in this Hindustan Ambassador!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
we should club together and buy one, and offering to the most needy member of the forum for a month at a time.

You'd have to pimp it out first !

Tassles round the windows , gold tissue box holder , the whole nine yards ....

That's just aching to have some really silly lump dropped into it

Chevvy 7 litre V8 for example

That's just aching to have some really silly lump dropped into it

Chevvy 7 litre V8 for example

Sounds good, any Chevy V8 sounds like a fantastic plan...

I was a holiday rep in Goa back in the winter of 93/94 and most of the taxi's were Ambassadors.The driver was usually called Livingstone,Johnson,Jesus or any other Portuguese/ US presidents name that was fashionable at the time. There was a real rivalry between Ambassador drivers and the drivers of little Suzuki vans with a set of seats in the back.
The taxi-bike drivers were the lowest of the low.

I always remember sitting in an Ambassador thinking "what a project this could be back in the UK".

Big V8, tuck and roll upholstery, class alloys, good paint, hefty hi-fi, maybe some bouncey suspension.....bring it on !!.

Make it look like a real sleeper.

I always remember sitting in an Ambassador thinking "what a project this could be back in the UK".

We've already been there..

it seems quite fitting that it still has the old BMC 1.5 diesel available as well as the 2.0 perkins prima diesel out of the Montego.

photo_006.jpg

photo_007.jpg

Theres one of these hand painted in bright blue most days near where I work in Holborn (London). It wasnt a good car in the 60's, so I dont think we are likely to see one driven by the Stig on Top Gear.

Loving the green cable tie holding the gear stick rubber boot in place :cool:

Been all over southern india in an ambassador - I love em - far better than the more modern suzuki's......

The bench back seat is great, and really bounces over the bumps....

If you're really posh you get 1 with aircon, but the drivers do have to switch it off when going up any real inclines..........

Its also funny and takes some getting used to, that on a multi day trip, where your stopping over, the hotels have special parking areas with toilets/showers etc, as the drivers sleep in their ambassadors when away from home......

God bless em, and long may they survive in India

How much do they cost , just out of interest ?

I think they cost about £2000 new out in India....

9.5k for a car that hasn't evolved since the 60s come on who are merlin trying to kid.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom