Imasaf exhaust quality?

cornershop

Car
560 SEC, e320 Coupe, Audi S8 D2, 87 Porsche 911
Folks

I may need a replacement exhaust on my 89 560sec and I have seen the Imasaf range appear on eBay.

The ad reads well, however as anyone got any real world experience with this brand? How was fit and quality ? Circa 50% of a genuine MB exhaust.

I can't find an eberspacher exhaust for my car online as they would be my first choice.

Cheers
Shirish

OP
OP
C

cornershop

Car
Genuine MB is £1k for the mid and rear silencers (assuming mild steel)

Have emailed Profusion Customs nr Heathrow re a stainless equivalent. Just never been a fan of the sound of stainless, always made it sound more tinny in my experience

hotrodder

Car
'93 320te
Mention your concerns about a tinny sound and see what they say... hopefully it'll be along the lines of "that's mostly because a stainless system can be made with thinner material, especially silencer skins, as rust isn't an issue" and they'll quote you accordingly i.e. not price it with the cheapest generic stainless boxes they've got kicking about

OP
OP
C

cornershop

Car
Profusion customs came in at approx £1500 + vat for the full system from downpipes back, so today i placed an order for the mid and rear Imasaf silencers as per the ebay link above. I'll update again once they've been fitted.

OP
OP
C

cornershop

Car
So I ordered the Imasaf setup as per the above link - parts arrived from Germany within 3 days which is pretty good. The guys at Bmerc think it's better quality than the usual walker/kwikfit offerings but proof will be in the fitting. Maybe aluminiumised steel but still hefty at 27kg for both items

Hopefully get it back early next week.

OP
OP
C

cornershop

Car
Fitting was fine, although I still have a smell of fumes coming in when the windows are open so maybe the old system wasn't at fault! Contemplating their ' Y ' pipe too now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom