Immaculate 1997 C250 in pink!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bvc1974

Car
Saab
To be a bit more precise it's a kind of red lilac colour! However my mantra with cars has always been (well after a horrific episode in my early 20s with a BMW 320 several loans taken out for repairs and a visit to scrap dealer) buy the engine first and don't worry about what it's attached to but fellas this is testing it.!

So I little bit about how I operate. I'm useless with cars! I can just about keep the tyre pressure correct.

I drive a Saab 9-3 tid 2005 200k that's on her way out. Never spend more than a couple of grand on my cars and I'm usually the last owner. Happy if they last 12 months. Saab has done 2 years hassle free driving paid 1k for her.

Never owned a merc however a friend of a friend (old mechanic guy with several jags mercs and bikes in a huge garage in a big country house) has offered me his merc C250 1997 private plate NOY 5901 100k estate. Cloth trim, manual gear box. He reckons he's had it from 2 years old and it's been sorn every winter. Garaged. Never seen the rain or snow. Its immaculate. It's gone to France 3/4 times every summer for the last 15 years and that's it. Said he's changed the oil and filters every 3k without fail! Plus everything else that ever needed doing.

So. I love leather interior, auto boxes and cruise control. This has none of them.
£1500 isn't a bargain going by the few I've seen for sale a couple have gone for a grand with similar miles, but something about this car is calling me!

Trouble is I've started looking at mecs and have quickly been blown away by what's on offer. C270 estate avantgards fully loaded going for £2500 if the mpg is true compared to the C220 it's a serious contender for me. I'll be looking to get a years driving out of my next purchase.

This old fella has told me that the C250 will go forever though. What do you guys reckon? I want a motor that will get be to France a couple of times this year and the fact he said that's exactly what it's done for the last 15 years spooked me a bit. Am I destined to drive a pink C250 for the next 10 years?

Brad. :)

If you like pink MB's, there is this one for sale...
mercedes-benz-g-class-g350-bluetec-S1550414-1.jpg

Used 2014 Mercedes-Benz G Class G350 BLUETEC for sale in Oxfordshire | Pistonheads

Wow. That is a pink merc.
I'm sure I saw katie price driving that on TV!

Old w202 c250 will indeed go forever , c270 ( w203 ) can be a bit fragile.

If its been looked after as you describe it should be fine for many trips to France. Is it an "esprit" version. They did it in a red colour that looked a bit pink. Not that bad really. Sure you will get used to it.

202 will be on the edge of rusting away now.

Trouble is I've started looking at mecs and have quickly been blown away by what's on offer. C270 estate avantgards fully loaded going for £2500 if the mpg is true compared to the C220 it's a serious contender for me. I'll be looking to get a years driving out of my next purchase.

This one^ No brainer, for me.

202 will be on the edge of rusting away now.

If it has been in a dry garage for winters, and run in France, then this need not be a certainty. Easy to check in any case.

Sounds like a potentially good buy compared to a W203 that has been used all year round. Especially when you factor in the relative cheapness of OM605 engine repairs to the cost of CDI engine repairs.

I have a 1 owner 1997 C250TD, and it is worth far more to me than the "market price." It usually passes the MOT first time. The body was Dinitrol treated by Olly.

Thanks for the input guys.

Spoke to a taxi driver today sitting in a 2001 silver C220 avantgarde estate. Immaculate cream leather, zero rust, 125k engine sounded smooth as you like. Trip said 49 mpg mainly town driving . Told me he paid £1500 from a gumtree seller. And showed me the receipt to prove it. So the bar has well and truly been set. Will keep you posted on what I find. Might just get the C250 while I'm looking . Don't think I'd lose much on the re sale.

Brad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom