Immaculate black S500L 2006 one owner, very, very high spec

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Keep in mind the 500 will be air and the 600 etc ABC. Try and drive both to compare. The v12 ha shigher maintence and repair costs (plugs, packs etc) and will probably be 22mpg on a run vs 25/26 on the 500.

Definitely smoother though

If not sure, try both.

I did that with my CL600 ... no contest.

Similarly, when I wanted an XK (X100, old shape), I tried both the standard V8 and the supercharged. Chalk and cheese again.

At my (our?) time of life, one of the worst feelings must be "I wish I'd gone for the better* one". You only live once.

*Better meaning faster and more "entertaining", of course. 😊

Mpg for the CL is 23 in normal driving. A light right foot will see 28, but for those journeys I take the Citroen diesel. Lovely wafter and 44-ish.

Whatever you decide, enjoy!

I see this black S500L is down to asking £12k now. Can't remember the original ask but it was certainly a chunk more.

Petrol prices are back to pre-Ukraine levels but it's a difficult time of year to sell.

I do like those extras and that designo interior. If I didn't have my sights set on somewhere else, I'd be tempted.

75b84fd05d664dee85550cd19129799b.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve been half tempted to chop in my LS430 which is getting on a bit
What's "getting on a bit" for an LS430 ?

300,000 ? Half a mill ?

Do those things every break?

Every time I see one the only thing that seems to be wrong with it, is that it might need a clean. (OK that and maybe the ULEZ issue)

Purely an age thing, occasionally fancy something a bit more modern.

But in answer to your question it’s on 114k and yes they are amazingly reliable.

In my ownership (5/6 years iirc) it’s needed a wheel bearing and a control arm…….

No comparison to my X5 previously which literally fell apart over 100k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom