Immaculate W124-Series Mercedes-Benz 220TE Auto; 7-Seat Estate in Silver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dcs

With a heavy heart I have decided to sell my trusty and (quite honestly) immaculate W124 Series Estate, due to an imminent home move and a lack of parking at the new property. My company is also moving offices, so life is pretty hectic(!), so the car is to be sold at auction to get a quick sale and as I don’t have the time to host viewings and manage the sale personally.

The car is to be sold through British Car Auctions (BCA) at their Paddock Wood Auction Centre (in Kent) on Tuesday, 21st June 2011. The car is already with them in preparation for the sale, and I will update this thread when details of the car are live on their website so that you can bid over the phone, online on the day or attend the sale in person at the auction centre.

I am posting this thread to generate a bit of interest and to (hopefully) achieve a better return through the auction method! :)

Details of the car as follows:

Mercedes-Benz 220TE Automatic Estate (K243 SKP); Chasis No: WDB1240822F249342.
First Registered: 23/12/1992.
Owned for the last 13 years; Current Registered Lady Keeper since: 06/08/1998.

127,911 Miles with a Full Service History (details of the service history below).
Last serviced only 4,500 miles ago, where it had an oil & filter change, air filter and new spark plugs.

MOT’d until: 29/03/2012; No advisories at the last MOT, which was only 1,607 miles ago.

Taxed until: 31/07/2011.

The usual specification associated with the model and some optional extras. Details as follows:

- 7-Seat Model, with the two additional fold-away seats in the boot.
- Immaculate Metallic Silver with unmarked Grey Cloth Upholstery.
- Original special order Mercedes-Benz Wheel Trims with Chrome Edging.

- Automatic Transmission.
- Original Mercedes-Benz Alarm System, with Remote Central Locking.
- Cruise Control.
- Tilt/Slide Electric Sunroof.
- 4 x Electric Windows.
- Driver and Passenger Electric Mirrors.
- Alpine 7837R CD Player with Remote Control.
- Rear Blaupunkt Door Speakers.
- Upgraded Burr Walnut Wood Trim.
- Drivers Airbag SRS.
- ABS.
- Original Mercedes-Benz Over Mats.
- Bootspace Luggage Cover/Passenger Area Separator.
- Self-closing Rear Tailgate.
- Self-levelling Rear Suspension.
- 3 x Rear Head Restraints.
- Roof Rails.
- Original Mercedes-Benz Warning Triangle.
- Original Mercedes-Benz First Aid Kit.
- Original Mercedes-Benz Tool Kit.
- Spare Tyre.
- Unused Ashtray(s) and Lighter.

Matching set of Goodyear NCT5 tyres, with lots of tread.

I have uploaded the pictures I took of the car to Photobucket, taken after giving it a clean and before I took it to the auction centre (link to said photos below). Unfortunately, and unbeknown to me until now downloading, my digital camera was set up to a low megapixel setting, so apologies for the low quality and 'darkness' of these photos in places, they don’t really do the car justice!

Mercedes-Benz 220TE K243 SKP pictures by dcs84 - Photobucket

As mentioned previously, and as you’ll hopefully be able to see from the pictures, this Mercedes is in exceptional condition for a car that is nearly 20 years old! All of the electric windows, sunroof, mirrors etc work faultlessly, as does the self-closing rear tailgate. There is no sign of the commonly found rust around any of the wings or the rear numberplate area, or anywhere else around the car. With only the smallest amount of TLC, I believe this could be a Mercedes-Benz Club Concours winning car!

Full Service History

BCA Paddock Wood now hold the service history files in advance of the sale on Tuesday, but I ran the invoices through the scanner, as with the service book, so if you want to see pdf copies of all the bills I hold and the service book then please email me at [email protected] requesting them.

Summary of the Service History as follows:

123,331 miles - 20/07/2010 - Kemp & Partners Ltd - Annual Service including: engine oil & filter, air filter and spark plugs.

121,760 miles - 23/03/2010 - Kemp & Partners Ltd - New front wheel bearings.

119,093 miles - 14/07/2009 - Kemp & Partners Ltd - Annual Service including: engine oil & filter, new front wiper blade. New front tyres. Spray grease the underside of the vehicle, brake pipes, seams etc to help protect against corrosion.

114,704 miles - 16/07/2008 - Kemp & Partners Ltd - Annual Service including: engine oil & filter and air filter. New front brake pads and sensors. Spray grease the underside of the vehicle, brake pipes, seams etc to help protect against corrosion.

109,661 miles - 18/07/2007 - Kemp & Partners Ltd - Annual Service including: engine oil & filter and fuel filter. New front wiper blade. Spray grease the underside of the vehicle to help protect against corrosion.

30/04/2007 - Kemp & Partners Ltd - New rear tyre.

105,682 miles - 18/07/2006 - Kemp & Partners Ltd - Annual Service including: engine oil & filter and air filter. Spray grease the underside of the vehicle to help protect against corrosion, brake pipes, seams etc.

99,950 miles - 12/07/2005 - Kemp & Partners Ltd - Annual Service including: engine oil & filter and spark plugs. Replace fuel pump and filter. New rear wiper blade.

95,105 miles - 08/07/2004 - Kemp & Partners Ltd - Annual Service including: engine oil & filter, air filter and fuel filter. Replace rear axle (differential) oil. Automatic gearbox oil and filter change.

90,658 miles - 16/08/2003 - Kemp & Partners Ltd - Annual Service including: engine oil & filter, air filter, fuel filter and spark plugs.

90,377 miles - 27/06/2003 - Kemp & Partners Ltd - New ignitron switch/steering lock.

86,102 miles - 10/07/2002 - Kemp & Partners Ltd - Annual Service including: engine oil & filter.

84,623 miles - 21/03/2002 - Kemp & Partners Ltd - New drivers side electric window regulator and motor.

80,828 miles - 31/07/2001 - Drake & Fletcher, Mercedes-Benz of Maidstone - Maintenance Service.

76,048 miles - 11/07/2000 - Drake & Fletcher, Mercedes-Benz of Maidstone - Lubrication Service.

70,874 miles - 06/07/1999 - Drake & Fletcher, Mercedes-Benz of Maidstone - Maintenance Service.

66,642 miles - 15/10/1998 - Drake & Fletcher, Mercedes-Benz of Maidstone - Oil Service

63,217 miles - 30/06/1998 - Drake & Fletcher, Mercedes-Benz of Maidstone - Maintenance Service (including Brake Fluid).

52,208 miles - 27/08/1997 - Drake & Fletcher, Mercedes-Benz of Maidstone - Maintenance Service.

44,780 miles - 15/01/1997 - Drake & Fletcher, Mercedes-Benz of Maidstone - Oil or Lubrication Service.

38,591 miles - 07/08/1996 - Drake & Fletcher, Mercedes-Benz of Maidstone - Maintenance Service.

30,895 miles - 12/12/1995 - Drake & Fletcher, Mercedes-Benz of Maidstone - Oil or Lubrication Service.

22,138 miles - 17/03/1995 - Drake & Fletcher, Mercedes-Benz of Maidstone - Maintenance Service.

18,726 miles - 04/10/1994 - Drake & Fletcher, Mercedes-Benz of Maidstone - Oil or Lubrication Service.

12,158 miles - 15/02/1994 - Drake & Fletcher, Mercedes-Benz of Maidstone - Maintenance Service.

7,730 miles - 13/09/1993 - Drake & Fletcher, Mercedes-Benz of Maidstone - Oil or Lubrication Service.

803 miles - 13/01/1993 - Drake & Fletcher, Mercedes-Benz of Maidstone - Inspection.

PDI - 21/12/1992 - Drake & Fletcher, Mercedes-Benz of Maidstone - Pre-delivery Inspection

I hope the car is of interest, it deserves to go to good new home and be cherished by an enthusiast. Happy bidding and good luck! :)

It looks like I’ve made a mistake on the methods available to you in order to bid on the car tomorrow.

I've just spoken to BCA and only BCA Account Holders can bid online, and they’ve stopped accepting telephone bids. I had assumed it would be like other auctions I've attended where these facilities were more freely available. That’ll teach me to assume!

So if you’re interested then it looks like you’ll have to attend the auction in person. Apologies.

Due to the design of the BCA website I can’t provide a direct link to the auction listing, but you can see the attached screen grab of how the car appears in the search results. Please visit Welcome to BCA Paddock Wood, for car auctions in Kent to register and view the car details on the BCA website for yourself.

The sale starts at 9.45am tomorrow morning, so make sure you get to the auction centre early if you’re interested and wish to bid! :)

Attachments

• BCA Screenshot.JPG
    BCA Screenshot.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 141
Lot Number now confirmed as M002.

Pdf of relevant sale catalogue now available to view here (when registered and logged in to the BCA website):

BCA Catalogue

or can be emailed upon request. Email: [email protected].

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom