Imminent E250 Cab ED125 order reveals some interesting facts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drocter

Car
XJ8 4.2 'Cabinet Spec'
Having ordered then cancelled an E250 CDI Sport Cab in September last year, despite being offered a free 350 upgrade and being days away from factory collection in Germany, I'm about to place an order for a 2012MY E250 CDI this week. I guess I felt short changed last year as Benz was withholding the E250/7speed combo. So despite MBUK's very best efforts to keep the updated E Cab/Coupe range a secret, I was keen to spec a car for collection in September this year...

Spec is as follows..

E250 CDI Sport 'Edition 125' EU5 7 speed tip Cabriolet
Obsidian Black/Natural Beige lthr
Piano Black inserts
'full fat' Comand Online
Airscarf
Distronic plus
Harmon Kardon
Rear view camera

Still undecided regards 19" wheel upgrade (have a set of new 20" Conti tyres sitting in my garage that will fit Brabus 20" wheels I have had my eyes on for this car)...also looking at the TV option, I use the TV in my XJ everyday, but £970 seems steep and I wonder what aftermarket Freeview TV tuners are available for the Comand system.

My dealer has been very helpful at answering my bizarre questions and I thought the following may be of interest..

1. I can't downgrade the 18" wheels to 17" from the factory in order to slip the car into the lower tax band <140g which would have P11D tax benefit and some negligible road tax benefit.

2. The 'Edition 125' available from July build for £250 more offers Comand Online upgrade for just £785, a few 'ED125' badges dotted around hopefully a flat bottomed steering wheel:D

3. Q3 pricing will offer SERIOUS discounting incentives for the E Cab and I'm hoping to get the Q2 yr servicing thrown in too...all in all I'm hoping for a minimum 12% discount as a starting point

I will update this thread as the deal transpires later this week

Sounds a well and sensible spec car. My E350 cab is due mid Sept and after much wheeling and dealing managed to achieve 8% but this was no easy feat. I would be interested to know what discount you achieve on ordering

Hi Wing Co

Yes the ED125 comes with Nav 50 as standard and you can upgrade to FF Comand for £785...overall saving of about £1200 after you have paid the extra £250 for the car

Hi Wing Co

Yes the ED125 comes with Nav 50 as standard and you can upgrade to FF Comand for £785...overall saving of about £1200 after you have paid the extra £250 for the car

Many thanks. Even though mine is May 10, I have e-mailed a few enquiries and I think they will reply after 1 Jul when they have their Q3 promotional release. What else does this ED125 have over a std Sport spec and can you still add options (19" wheels, DHP, etc)? I assume all will be claer on their website 1 Jul anyway.

On DHP I know what activating its does from the interactive users manual, but does anyone know if it makes the standard Sport spec suspension softer when it is switched off or does it just make it even more firmer when it is on?

I have changed my original order for an E350 coupe that I placed at the end of March to the Edition 125. I have been told there are no differences at all to the standard car, apart from Comand Online being available at £785 and a £250 price increase. They will all be 2012 MY cars which will include the new engines for the E350 petrol and diesel and all will have the new 7G plus gearbox with start/stop. There is also a new steering wheel which is flat bottomed on the Sport model. I saw one in the showroom last week and it is a vast improvement on the current steering wheel.

Hopefully MB will get round to updating the website at some point as it still doesn't show any information for the 2012MY which has now been in production for a month. I have been told that there are a lot of new unregistered 2011 MY cars in stock and so they won't update the website until these are all sold. Anyone who doesn't know about the changes will be sold the old model, possibly unknowingly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom