Immobiliser Issue?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daveanderson

Car
S320
Hi All,

I have read as many posts as I can on the various Merc immobiliser issues people have experienced but I cannot see the exact problem I have.

I have an S320 (1996). I drove to heathrow and back yesterday and parked the car as I normally do and locked it with the keyfob (this was replaced by mercedes 12 months ago).

This morning, I tried to open the car with the key fob and nothing. I can gain entry with the key, the car "turns over" but non start.

There are no lights showing on the door locks (either red or green) and nothing on the rear view mirror?? normally, door locks are red until unlocked, as is rear view mirror L.E.D. The key is fine as I have had it checked to make sure its transmitting.

The issue seems to be with the power to the "in vehicle" system. I have checked all the fuses I can find under the hood and in the boot, none are blown.

Anyone had this before and what was resolution?

Anyone got a wiring diagram of the immobiliser system?

Thanks,

Dave

Not all that accurate but worth having… http://www.autolib.diakom.ru/CAR/Mercedes-Benz/1996/S320/SYSTEM WIRING DIAGRAMS/

Are you sure that the remote is working properly every time its used.

If the remote is not guilty then check that ALL battery connections are secure.
Any other consumers not working, indicators wipers etc etc?

Does the remote flash like the one in video when view through a digital camera?

Dec
[YOUTUBE]zQhwvjw29NA[/YOUTUBE]

remote is good. all other electrics seem fine. just door entry leds and immobilser electrics gone. i have downloaded some "relevent" circuit diagrames, thanks.

where is immobiliser control module located? perhaps that will be a good starting point, if you forgive the pun!

The immobiliser may or may not look like the one in picture below which is as suggested above may be under the passenger side foot well.

Dec

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom