immobiliser removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
Hi i have had problems getting this 260E to start.I did all i could to get it up and runnng. But in the end after a week of playing and buying one part or another, i had to get an expert to do what i could not.
So he found the problem ,it was the immobiliser so wires removed from the coil and it started.The question is , as any one removed a faulty immobiliser from their car. This box and its fellow wires were fitted in 1994 ,all i can see is a black box about 4" square with wires comeing out to the coil and then they go in to the car to other things i dont know about.Can anyone help me to get it out . I dont know the make ,as its just a plain box.:wallbash:

I've removed a few, just take your time and you wont have problems. Follow each wire of the immobilizer to where it joins the mercedes loom and remove it, some wires will be just joined to the car loom, while others will be joined either side of a cut to the original loom (starter signal interrupt being a good example).

thanks

Carat thank you ,its the only way to go . I might look when its a little nicer. Have the gas people in the road, and all the drives to the houses are dug up here .Dont want to cause a catastrophy. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom