Imobiliser Problem E Class 1996

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classicE

Hi All and Happy Easter!!!

Well I just joined and have tried to post an article, or should I say a cry for help, but it seems my article was not posted, so here goes again!

Two years ago I placed my Mercedes E class 240 into storage. I did the right thing and disconnected the battery and last week I bought new one and installed it. The car came to life, however the engine did not!!!!! :(

I have checked all the fuses under the rear seat and in the engine bay, all is okay. The imobiliser is the old version with IR and red and green lights in the rear view mirror.

I spoke with Mercedes and they told me the battery in the remote was flat and or the fob was out of sync with the car. I did the usual double flip and then ignition on and still the red and green lights flash alternatly, so no joy!!!

Mercedes in their wisdom thought ummmm another sad punter we can get a few peenies out of, and told me it would be a call out and even a posssible tow... I don't think this is the only way.

Can anyone help me?

Kindest Regards

Mr E

try the - open door (mechanically) - zap twice, ign on, ign off, ign on, start - or somthing like that to get them into sync....

Hi thanks for the note. Unfortuantely I have tried this and its not good, still the same problem. Any other thoughts, my E is growing roots.

Thanks

:eek: Searching through 'immobiliser' I see numerous threads on the topic but have still not found the definitive answer as to whether the type I have can be disabled.
I have the flip-out key and red/green LEDs on driver's door and below bootlid. A small second key only turns off the siren under the bonnet. On disarming/unlocking and jumping in, you've got c45 secs to start the car o/wise the immobiliser rearms. :crazy:
One sunny Sunday last autumn in Nevers (France) I jumped out and zapped. Instead of a beep, the car wheezed, the doors locked and the red indicator on dashboard lit. Uh-oh, I thought, rezapped and the car unlocked - but the indicator remained on :eek:
You know that feeling when you're miles from home and something happens causing you start to perspire involuntarily...
'We have a problem' I quavered to wifey. 'Sort it' quoth she, stonily. E320 coupe was indeed quite immobilised!
I have habitually carried a spare key and spare batteries secreted about the car but on this occasion to no avail.
The long and short of it was a call to MB24 hour assistance where a nice young man soothingly asked where I was and took my reg no. Half an hour later, we were called by the local MB dealer (My French extends to ordering a beer) and shortly after, a shiny white van appeared. Bearing a small screwdriver, the baseball capped youth looked behind the battery, in the passenger footwell and under the rear seat. Nothing!
A flatbed was summoned and my car ignominiously hauled aboard!
We presented ourselves at the MB dealership the following day, having been kindly given a lift by our hosts, where a beaming SM assured us all was fixed!
Neither of us able to understand a word the other was saying, a young girl was brought from the office to translate:
"Yoe 'ave ze deux alarms, and un, she is no good"
Well, that cleared up that then...
After crawling over a new A Class, a 350SLK and a 280 Pagoda I parted with 202 Euros all in (incuding a valet) and we were on our way.
The red dashboard light remained on, the motion sensors flickered as we drove and the siren didn't.
Clearly something had either been cut - or bridged.
Back in Edinburgh, I pulled off the cheapo plastic behind the battery and found a most un-Mercedes looking Scotch-lok amongst a cats cradle of black wires.
Back at Western Mercedes, the SM smugly advised me that in a new Merc, I would not have been able to even get into the car. :eek: :eek:
MB Nevers had effected a temporary repair to get us on our way. The true fault was a failed LED in the dor - Part A1248200297 - £120.13 ex vat and fitting. Total bill £400.
So chaps and chapesses - if you're still with me - tell me into which of the six black wires behind the panel should I introduce a B&Q switch in order that the wretched device can be safely disabled?

[...So ... tell me into which of the six black wires behind the panel should I introduce a B&Q switch in order that the wretched device can be safely disabled?[/QUOTE]

Hate to say this, but perhaps answers should be PM'd? :eek:

My car is too similar to your own; and I don't want certain info on the web!

tim.mcd said:
[...So ... tell me into which of the six black wires behind the panel should I introduce a B&Q switch in order that the wretched device can be safely disabled?

Hate to say this, but perhaps answers should be PM'd? :eek:

My car is too similar to your own; and I don't want certain info on the web![/QUOTE]

PM me i'll tell you how to disable the auto immobiliser

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom