Import from NI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

altreed

Car
c36 AMG, z3 2.8, BMW 330D Touring.... Bike: Yamaha T/cat 600, Z1r {gxsr1100 mota}, CR500 Aii
How difficult is it to re-register a car from Northern Ireland?

I have seen a non-MB car I am almost interested in, the downside is that it is in N.I. I am put off with having to travel to see it and if I did, how bad is it to re-register it?

Cheers for any advice

If I remember correctly N.I. plates are legal on the mainland - so it should be no different than buying a car here ...

Not difficult at all. You will need to get it registered at Swansea since it will currently be registered in Coleraine. The reg. mark can be kept or changed to a GB one if you wish. Both my wife's car and mine came from GB. We had them registered here as imports from GB and got new,, yes new up to date plates for NI. I believe if they are changed you must get date specific plates. That did not apply to us, so currently my car is on 2007 plates and my wife's on 2008, though both are 2000.

Crockers, NI is NI and GB is GB. GB is not the mainland with respect to NI. We are both the constituent parts of the UK. The Isle of Wight might refer to GB as the mainland but not us ( small point of fact ).

Last edited:
Crockers, NI is NI and GB is GB. GB is not the mainland with respect to NI. We are both the constituent parts of the UK. The Isle of Wight might refer to GB as the mainland but not us ( small point of fact ).

Funnily enough, considering the population of the UK - not many actually know that!!!

I stand corrected......:doh::doh::doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom