Is your data correct on the DVLA Driving Licence Page

• Yes my data is correct

Votes: 62 87.3%
  • No my data has errors or omissions

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I'm not on the database!!

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
You may or may not be aware that on the 8th June 2015 your Driving Licence Counterpart ceases to be valid. Instead you can prove your driving history by logging into a new database. The database will let you prove to a potential car hire company, employer, or insurer that your driving record is as you claim

https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

In order to log in you will need your Drivers number, NI number and Postcode. Once inside you can check your name, address, DOB, Vehicle classes and penalties/bans.

It would seem prudent to check your details before the 8th June.

Hope this is of help :)

PS If you've been good you get this page :)

Attachments

• Points.jpg
    Points.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 123
:D I've been good! :bannana::bannana: or at least - not been caught.:cool:

That could not have been much easier to use, what was all the fuss about on the other thread?

Thanks all good for me

10/10 on accuracy so far so that is very reassuring :)

what was all the fuss about on the other thread?

The issue of permitting third party access to the information you can access - previously you just presented them with your paper counterpart.

Nearly there!

Screenshot%2099_zpsppywyveo.png

So how can insurance companies ask for details going back further than dvla's records? surely you can just say you forgot your old points?

And surely for the courses instead of the points? if it's not on the database surely you don't need to own up to it?

Last edited:
Hmm good point. The paper record lasted until you moved house or changed name and needed a new one. I presume your expired points will just drop of?

So how can insurance companies ask for details going back further than dvla's records? surely you can just say you forgot your old points?

And surely for the courses instead of the points? if it's not on the database surely you don't need to own up to it?

When did they ever ask to see your paper driving licence to check?

At the end of the day the responsibility for disclosure for information that they request is yours. Just as it always has been.

The issue of permitting third party access to the information you can access - previously you just presented them with your paper counterpart.

Frankly I'm pretty unexcited at this prospect, my Ni number/licence number/postcode and points record are available to those that need access. I'll rely on the DPA for any breaches.

When did they ever ask to see your paper driving licence to check?

At the end of the day the responsibility for disclosure for information that they request is yours. Just as it always has been.

But they ask for the last five years, me personally within the last 5 years have the 3 points that show, 3 points that don't show(i'd forgotten;)) and an awareness couse(i'd also forgotten ;))

I honestly don't have any records of the other dates but when I didn't mention my previous 3 points last time i re insured my insurance company brought them to my attention.
My point is if they aren't on the official database how can they(insurance companies) know about them?

But they ask for the last five years, me personally within the last 5 years have the 3 points that show, 3 points that don't show(i'd forgotten;)) and an awareness couse(i'd also forgotten ;))

I honestly don't have any records of the other dates but when I didn't mention my previous 3 points last time i re insured my insurance company brought them to my attention.
My point is if they aren't on the official database how can they(insurance companies) know about them?

Maybe that once you have declared points to the insurance company they maintain that as a record on their database and are more looking for confirmation of your "honesty" or memory.

:dk:

Everything showing correctly for me.
I especially like the 0 penalty points.

Old convictions don't "drop off". They're marked as expired, but still remain listed!

You have seen this?

After 4 years most points are removed from the UK Licence.

So just remember that whist the points are actually removed - the offence is still recorded as an offence on a central database and still occurred irrespective if the penalty is visible or not. However under the rehabilitation of offenders act, convictions over 5 years should not be revealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom