Imported ML270 W163

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

broncstomp

Can anyone tell me if buying an imported ML270 51-plate will be different to a UK car, it is UK spec, mechaniclly are they identical?

Can't help you with the spec, but with so many ML270's on the market in the UK you should be able to pick one up with some easily traceable service history and piece of mind.

Hello

All Mercs are imported really :)

Is a 51 plate the facelifted version? Agree with Gucci unless the saving is huge (which I doubt) not sure Id go that route. I've bought a few imported cars (MX5 and a Z3 to name two) on those occasions Z3 was new and saved a fortune. The MX5 (enos) was second hand but also saved a packet :)

So unless saving worth it there is a Lot of choice with UK cars that you know (or should know) the history / spec etc.

Is it a RHD import?

If its german or even european, no issue... but some came from South Africa etc and the spec was just basic... i mean not even leccy windows!

If it's a Jap import, might underseal be an issue when it's shipped to the UK, like with native Jap cars?

As mentioned above it depends upon where it is imported from. The spec varies from country to country.

A quick way to identify the facelfited models is:

i. they have the indicators in the wing mirrors
ii. fog / driving lights set into the front bumper
iii. fully colour coded bumpers

If you can find the VIN number it's easy to check the spec, otherwise the datacard (which should be stuck into the service book) also lists all of the options in code form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom