Importing from germany RHD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2swift4u

Car
00 E300TD
How do i import a RHD car direct from the factory in germany i know this can be done as my car was imported from the factory through a friend of a friend.

Would the car be UK spec right hand drive and would it be alot cheaper or only a little difference

Originally posted by 2swift4u
Would the car be UK spec right hand drive and would it be alot cheaper or only a little difference
A forum member (who we don't see much of these days, he is too busy I think :( ) bought his car through Steve's father's garage in The Netherlands. He bought a CLK320 cabriolet, it came in full UK spec with right hand drive and he made a net saving of about £8k (which he immediately blew on AMG styling parts and other really cool stuff ;) ). His name is Matthew and his e-mail address is [email protected] . I personally met him last September at Steve's house while he was having comand installed in the CLK and he was a really nice guy, also very handy with barbecues IIRC :) . I'm sure he would be more than happy to tell you how he got on with the purchase.

Thanks a lot everyone on this forum is very helpful and i will recemmend it to all my friends with mercs

Originally posted by 2swift4u
Shude matt says hello
lol :)
Tell him to get his website sorted out! :)

I Imported my C32. Saved a few quid, but thats not why I imported. I wanted a new C32 NOW not in 3 months time and with a certain spec.

Where did you import your car from is it full uk spec

Imported thro an import dealer nr Littlehampton, car came from Merc dealer in Denmark full UK spec all taxes VAT,Tax Disc 12 months everything. The spec was even higher than I would have if I had got it from UK dealer.;)
Very impressed with the service from importer he even part exed my old car and gave me a reasonable price for it.:D :D Even the Log book doesnt show that it is imported.
From initial contact to collection of car took 2 1/2 weeks max.
This car is exactly the same as the brand new C32 I tried from the MK dealership.
Why cant UK source their cars from all over Europe? Doesnt make sense.

mw_C32 said:
This car is exactly the same as the brand new C32 I tried from the MK dealership.
Why cant UK source their cars from all over Europe? Doesnt make sense.

Because MB love overcharging us for 'UK' (usually lower) spec cars!

ie E220 in Germany = Taxi, E220 in UK = Prestige :-(

Even the Log book doesnt show that it is imported
Thats either the law now or its just not done anymore.

But future buyer will know where the car was originally sourced from by the service book and the PDI check.

I can't see the problem myself though ;)

A mate in work bought a peugeot 206CC last March from here http://www.buy-abroad.com/ saving 3.5k with no problems. The guy didn't even take a deposit off him just paid him when he picked the car up.
Apparantly he supplies Motorpoint so he should be cheaper than them.

I imported my C220 CDI (Silver) from Holland last February, I ordered it in August, no matter what spec the car I was told it was made to order and would take six months.
It was done through a broker in Hengelo, you pay them nothing, the dealer gives them their fee when the deal has gone through.
You get a UK car with all the extra's they get in Holland, which to be honest isn't a great deal.
It has sports suspension, split rear seats, metallic paint, parametric steering and sports seats, it still cost about £3K less than you could get one over here in fact it cost £23,700 that was in Avantgarde spec.
The option to pick it up from the factory is there where ever you buy the car from.
I would suggest you buy it from Holland it is the best deal around because they pay something like 58% tax on new cars.
I emailed virtually every country in Europe and found Holland to be the best deal.
BAAN Mercedes in Hengelo even has a UK export section and sell about 60 cars a year to the UK. Well worth a look.
I registered it myself at the local DVLA and waited to get a VAT demand a couple of weeks later. That was the scary part because they had set the VAT on the UK price which they reckoned to be £27,895. After I picked myself off the floor I contacted them and it was quickly sorted out.
The log book has me as the first owner, nothing about it being imported, the service book has the PDI as being BAAN Merecedes NL. If you sell the car you need not inform anyone it was imported but have a moral obligation to tell the truth if asked its origin.
I have noticed quite a few dealers now selling imports and stating them as such but the prices are still high.

Dave

Have to agree Dave. :cool:
For me it was the best deal and I will do the same when I get my C55 :D :D
.................Well maybe....!!! :)

I've imported 3 CLK's personally in the last 4 years, and used to run an import business. I have a good contact if you want an MB, and the full price lists of most models. Have to warn you - the savings are not great anymore, and frankly the only real benefit now is shorter delivery times. If you are buying high end models, the AMG's, E / S / CL / SL Class etc - then you may save more (read thousands). However the pound / euro has not been good for major savings such as seen 2-3 years ago. Let me know.

Saorbust,

Do you have an email address that I can contact u on please as PM is not activated for your personal profile settings...

Cheers

Flash

Hi Flash,

Have sent you a priv message.

Clarky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom