Impounded W202 !!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GRAV888

MB Enthusiast
Car
2017 CLA 180 AMG in Black (mine) 2018 GLA 200 SE in Black (wifes)
Went to Medway Mercedes this morning to sort out the leaking radiator. The guy there was really helpful (unusual for them).
He told me that 2 other w202's have had the same problem with the type of radiator that is fitted to my car,(a header tank on top of the rad), but theirs' had blown up totally and in one case, injured the driver as the hot coolant came into the car, causing burns.
He then made a phone call to the MD and told me they would be impounding my car as they have been told by MB in Germany that they need to see one that is leaking before it goes bang.
The result:-
1) An A160 courtesy car until Monday.
2) A brand new top of the range C class on Monday.
3) MB technicians coming from Germany to inspect my car.

I was told that this could take some considerable time to sort, but who cares if I've got a nice brand spanker to run about in.:devil:

Last edited:
Perhaps they hear the distant sound of M'Learned Friends cash registers?

Originally posted by GDC200
What happens if youre car isnt sorted by 1st july when they cease being franchaised?

This date makes no difference in most cases.
They will still service MB cars, but if you have an MB warranty, you have to go to the new premises.
As my warranty is with a 3rd party, I can still get them to do it.
Also, if you get your car serviced with them after 1st July, they won't be able to stamp yuur service book with the MB stamp, but even better, with a BRABUS one.:bannana: :bannana:

I hope they keep their promise about the courtesy car!

Originally posted by Koolvin
I hope they keep their promise about the courtesy car!

This has been authorised already, but is coming from a rental company, so for now, I have to use the go-cart !!!!!!!

Goes well for a 160 though:devil:
Funny pics to be posted soon.:devil: :bannana:

Originally posted by Stratman
Perhaps they hear the distant sound of M'Learned Friends cash registers?

MMmm....Product liability :bannana:

MB hire cars from Enterprise.

In my three months of having my new car , ive had two brand new C200 Kompressors.

Originally posted by GRAV888
This date makes no difference in most cases.
They will still service MB cars, but if you have an MB warranty, you have to go to the new premises.
My local tin-pot garage can do MB warranty work, so I think anyone can if they have the right certificates, even ex-stealerships.

Sorry Shude.
What I meant to say was that if you buy a new car, then make a claim on the warranty, it has to go to the new franchise.
Been informed that my car should be sorted by friday. Hope so.

Originally posted by fuzzer
MB hire cars from Enterprise.

In my three months of having my new car , ive had two brand new C200 Kompressors.

Jason, having driven both the C180 and C200 do you wish you'd gone for the C200? Is it worth the extra money?

Originally posted by RichardM
Jason, having driven both the C180 and C200 do you wish you'd gone for the C200? Is it worth the extra money?
Extra money? I thought the C180 Kompressor and C200 Kompressor were the same thing, a re-badge by MB recently.

EDIT: I'm wrong, the C180K and C200K are different, both have a FI 1.8 engine though.

Ive driven both the C200k engines. new and old.

The C200k feels a lot faster , but , not as smooth as the C180k.

The C200k is heavier on the juice too, although the new 1.8 is better. I didnt notice much diference between the old and new 200 but the diference is noticable between the 180 and 200.

I dunno , i suppose i could have got the C200k if i wanted to . I would have prefered the 220 CDI or 270 CDI to be honest.

They are all nice cars and im happy with my C180k :D

Whatever i get next im getting forced induction as it rocks :rock:

thanks, I just wondered as I was talking to someone at the weekend who was considering a new C180 or C200.

I hear Mercedes are launching a C200CDi. I wonder what that will be like. Same engine as the C220 apparently but detuned to develop 21bhp less power and pulling power drops from 251lb ft to 199lb ft.

what car

I think, without chipping, the 220 cdi is sluggish enough, you need either a manual or tiptronic to get the thing to take off at any acceleration....

I found the the C220 cdi fine, i am in a S320 cdi at the moment and find that it pulls really well.

the 220 CDI isnt a slow car!! ITs not a supercar , but , it can keep up with a C240 easilly.

having done it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom