Impressed by fuel consumption

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBManInKen

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes S500 LWB (V220)
I've had my W220 for a few months now, so a picture of fuel consumption is forming.

And I must say, I am impressed! :)

My previous car was also a LWB S500, the w140 chassis. Overall, I have achieved 26.5 mpg over the duration of my ownership. On a motorway run, I easily get over 32 mpg.

Not bad for a V8 petrol!

This is significantly better than the W140. So, less weight, better aerodynamics and modern engine technology do seem to pay off. :rolleyes:

Nice one :rock:

I've just returned from a trip to Belgium. On my outward journey, I managed 31.8mpg on the leg between London and Dover:

mpg318.jpg

Was over 32mpg when I reached Dover, but the last few miles of stop and start traffic in Dover and the queueing for the ferry dropped it back to just under 32mpg :rolleyes:.

On one leg of the return trip, I managed 34mpg :eek:, unfortunately the camera had been stored in one of the suitcases in the boot by that time.

Not bad for a 5 liter, 5.16m LWB car ;).

Thats very good for a V8 5L, nice one!

That's brilliant!! I can but dream:rolleyes: :devil:

It's one of those days again I'm glad to be a man! :D :devil:

So you should be - they're a pain to walk in!! ;) ;)

Seriously - no matter how one drove - I don't think it's possible to get that economy out of Edna;)

Seriously - no matter how one drove - I don't think it's possible to get that economy out of Edna;)

I must admit I never got such low consumption out of any of the other Mercs either. :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom