Impressed with Mercedes customer care..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSTurbo50

Car
W212 E250 CDi AMG Sport
I bought my E350 Cdi Sport just over two months ago from Mercedes in Stockport. I paid £14700 and it's on a 61 plate with 71k on the clock. Its a lovely car in metallic white. Last week, the car wouldn't start. It's been diagnosed as a faulty power steering lock which needs replacing. Thankfully it's covered under warranty otherwise I was looking at just short of £900.

The communication with Mercedes has been excellent. Iv got the 12 months roadside assistance and within an hour of reporting the fault a technician came to my home. He advised it needed to go to the main dealer to be fixed. Within two hours of that a recovery truck turned up and the car has been taken to Mercedes in Warrington.

A courtesy car via Europcar was dropped off the following day. I was hoping for an E Class but Iv been given a 66 plate C220 Sport model. Nothing to look at reLly but I'm actually impressed with the drive and the interior is a nice place to be.

The part has been ordered for my E350 and was advised it would be 7 days. I'm off to Cornwall with the family tomorrow for a week and Mercedes told me to keep the car Iv got until my car is ready.

The communication from Mercedes has been A1 and I honestly couldn't ask for more. Looking forward to getting mine back but I'm actually quite impressed with the C220. Excellent MPG and performance ain't bad in fairness...

At last!!! a Thread where a Mercedes Main dealer has not been slagged off! Great to hear you have had a good experience :)

Fingers crossed you get your car back soon :)

Yep, too many tales of woe from owners who have had a bad experience.
I liken dealers of all brands like banks. Only as good as the manager and staff.

I've been unfortunate to need to use the services of Mercedes Assist on two occasions with my last car which also involved them recovering my car.

Can't fault them.

On both occasions the car was out of warranty however MB UK were quite generous with their good will gesture.

It's good to hear positive reviews :thumb:

Mobilo is excellent is my experience. We've used it a few times, and I've always been thankful for having it, and please with the service we receive. Worth remembering though that recovery is only to a nearby Mercedes main dealer, and not a destination of your choice.

Even though we have Mobilo, we still have Mayday personal cover (which is provided by Green Flag on behalf of the Caravan Club) as it covers towing to your destination (including caravan or trailer) in both directions. It's also useful if for some reason I would prefer to be towed to an independent garage.

Just had to call Mercedes assist out as parking sensor alarm would not go off - not impressed having to wait 4 hours when told it would be "60-90 minutes"

I can honestly say Mercedes have been brilliant thus far and the used car warranty is worth it's weight in gold. It encourages me to purchase another used car in the future direct from Mercedes..

Good on you for posting a positive experience. Too many 'doom n gloom' threads around.

For some reason most people only feel the need to shout out a complaint as opposed to a compliment.

I can honestly say Mercedes have been brilliant thus far and the used car warranty is worth it's weight in gold. It encourages me to purchase another used car in the future direct from Mercedes..

Wait till you have a fault that is not covered by Mobilo or your warranty and then you'll really see if the dealer is any good or not. I doubt you will be singing their praises then from my experience with the main dealerships.

Russ

Wait till you have a fault that is not covered by Mobilo or your warranty and then you'll really see if the dealer is any good or not. I doubt you will be singing their praises then from my experience with the main dealerships.

Russ

and back down to earth with a bump. :crazy:

:rolleyes:

and back down to earth with a bump. :wallbash:

:rolleyes:

And why not, the OP has described an experience covered by Mobilo. The main dealer did not even have to supply a courtesy car, it's hired by Mobilo.

Can you imagine the reaction of the main dealer if it was their courtesy car and was booked out for each day next next week for customers & the OP said he needed it to go to Cornwall? If Mobilo was not involved he'd be going to Cornwall on the train I think.

Russ

The level of service from dealerships can vary drastically.

I've used one on several occasions which is dreadful however the one i now use is fantastic and they are both part of the same group!

And why not, the OP has described an experience covered by Mobilo. The main dealer did not even have to supply a courtesy car, it's hired by Mobilo.

Can you imagine the reaction of the main dealer if it was their courtesy car and was booked out for each day next next week for customers & the OP said he needed it to go to Cornwall? If Mobilo was not involved he'd be going to Cornwall on the train I think.

Russ

Understood. BUT the work is covered by Mobilo and the OP is saying he's very happy with the service.

Some people do like to hammer the fun out of life don't they!

I've had similar positive experiences with Mercedes Manchester central. They've been faultless. Treated me like a king and I've not even bought a car with them. :D

Understood. BUT the work is covered by Mobilo and the OP is saying he's very happy with the service.

Some people do like to hammer the fun out of life don't they!

Understood, but from the replies to his original post, others seem to think his main dealer is being praised.

If trying to distinguish between Mobilo & main dealer performance is hammering the fun out of life, so be it.

Russ

I had a 100% goodwill evaporator repair done by Mercedes in Cheltenham (job was going to cost over a grand!),on an out of warranty c180. They couldn't have been better, lent me an e350 coupe for the 5 days they had it (over a weekend). Highly recommend that experience!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

merc85 said:
At last!!! a Thread where a Mercedes Main dealer has not been slagged off! Great to hear you have had a good experience :) Fingers crossed you get your car back soon :)
I have to say my main dealer Mercedes Benz of Shrewsbury have also always been a great help to me

Worth remembering though that recovery is only to a nearby Mercedes main dealer, and not a destination of your choice.

When my A Class went into "Limp Mode" just outside Oxford a couple of years
ago I fully expected to be transported to the MB Dealer in Oxford, no chance the Mobilo Mechanic insisted in taking me and the Car to Peterborough and a Hire Car was waiting for me when we arrived, it wasn't needed as the Workshop diagnosed as Fuel Pressure Seal was Leaking and fixed in in about an hour! :thumb:

Just had to call Mercedes assist out as parking sensor alarm would not go off - not impressed having to wait 4 hours when told it would be "60-90 minutes" ��

Maybe, all the technicians were busy, maybe a previous callers problem took longer to deal with, maybe there was an accident on route to you and the police had diverted traffic.
It's a eta not a guarantee of 90 minutes. You had one problem the breakdown people had dozens of people with problems that they wanted fixing asap and only so many technicians.
:doh:

Always had good service from MB Colchester too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom