Improving tbe 5.5 biturbo sound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rsk21

Car
German and British
Hello

Does anybody have any experience of modifying the above to improve the noise ? Whilst I knew it was never going to be as raw as my c63 I am pondering doing something to give it a bit more oomph.

Suggestions ?

Sensible ones please !

Speak to Phil at Rebellion, his exhausts have sounded superb for years.

If he doesn't have one, maybe you can work with them?

If it is just sound go cat-back, noise only and warranty friendly really. Obviously you have the Brabus choice, but that will be expensive.

Downpipes make a big difference to the M157, we have both catless and cat types if you are interested.

The downside is lots of power though with downpipes and a remap you will likely break the 700bhp mark.

Hello

Does anybody have any experience of modifying the above to improve the noise ? Whilst I knew it was never going to be as raw as my c63 I am pondering doing something to give it a bit more oomph.

Suggestions ?

Sensible ones please !

We have removed the back resonator of a cl63 2013 and it sounds really nice if your based near the Midlands you can hear it. Also if then you would want it louder then we can talk about your options.

Thanks acid

A little video teaser of M157 with downpipes, no cutting or welding and can easily be returned back to stock.

[YOUTUBE HD]0sgE0cN1tzM[/YOUTUBE HD]

A little video teaser of M157 with downpipes, no cutting or welding and can easily be returned back to stock.

[YOUTUBE HD]0sgE0cN1tzM[/YOUTUBE HD]

Sounds Dope:thumb:

You could always go for the "off road" version

[YOUTUBE HD]kuWdRPOT2k0[/YOUTUBE HD]

We have removed the back resonator of a cl63 2013 and it sounds really nice if your based near the Midlands you can hear it. Also if then you would want it louder then we can talk about your options.

Thanks acid

Thanks - have called and left a message

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sgE0cN1tzM[/YOUTUBE HD]">YouTube Link</a>

Can't make the link work :-(

Tried to call but engaged a long time

Just get the Weistec Turbo upgrade and then it will blow more gas through the exhaust and therefore give you more noise and plenty more oomph :)

Music on Exhaust sound videos?!

A quick update.

After some deliberation I have gone with the Rado downpipes solution as linked to in Savman's response earlier in this thread. The abiding reason behind this is the combination of the fact that no cutting or welding is required and the fact that as such my insurers are much happier. It is a more expensive solution than as proposed by others but ultimately the one with which I am most comfortable.

The process has been an interesting experience in terms of interaction with the various suppliers.

Euro charged and MSL have both really impressed, keen, responsive and knowledgeable and both Savman and Acid have been an absolute pleasure to deal with. This contrasts with CKS who I visited in person and who seemed distinctly less enthusiastic to the extent that they didn't even ask my name.

All done :)

Fitted this morning by the excellent and highly recommended Paul and Andy at Eurocharged.

A relatively quick and seemingly pretty painless exercise which probably took no more than 90 minutes at most. The parts seemed of high quality and I now have two still quite new and shiny OEM pipes to store somewhere.

When the car first came of the ramp and was started up to be honest it didn't sound all that special but fortunately that proved to be deceptive :) At idle there is some extra bass but not a huge change however under acceleration the noise now is just fantastic and the pops and bangs on up and downshifts are great. The car now breathes much more easily and there is a small but perceptible change in performance/driving feel.

All in all I am very pleased, the bit that I felt was missing from the CLS vs my C63 has very much been discovered.

Huge thanks again to The Eurocharged guys for sourcing such a great and high quality solution and for being all round good blokes.

rsk21 said:
All done :) Fitted this morning by the excellent and highly recommended Paul and Andy at Eurocharged. A relatively quick and seemingly pretty painless exercise which probably took no more than 90 minutes at most. The parts seemed of high quality and I now have two still quite new and shiny OEM pipes to store somewhere. When the car first came of the ramp and was started up to be honest it didn't sound all that special but fortunately that proved to be deceptive :) At idle there is some extra bass but not a huge change however under acceleration the noise now is just fantastic and the pops and bangs on up and downshifts are great. The car now breathes much more easily and there is a small but perceptible change in performance/driving feel. All in all I am very pleased, the bit that I felt was missing from the CLS vs my C63 has very much been discovered. Huge thanks again to The Eurocharged guys for sourcing such a great and high quality solution and for being all round good blokes.

Rsk21

Glad you achieved the desired result. I take it you didn't go for a remap as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom