Improving the sound/performance of a 06 CLS63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TomCLS63

Car
2006 Mercedes CLS63
Hi, I was wondering if I could get some advice from you knowledgeable lot! I'm going to be picking up my 06 CLS63 soon and have already started looking at ways to improve the performance and also getting it to sound like the world is about to end! Would getting the below done suffice this? Would really appreciate any feedback/ideas.

- Centre silencer removed
- Exhaust resonator box removed
- X-pipe
- Rear cats removed
- Air Filter
- Remap

Cheers guys :eek:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Where are you based??

Thanks acid

Hi and thanks!

I'm based in Essex. What are your thoughts, or would it be best to give you a call once I have the car?

Tom

Tom I'm based in Birmingham but there are other guys based in London. If you give me a call I can go through everything and give the advise you need and then you can make up your own mind.
07765 44 44 47
Thanks acid

For an m156 engine you only need one mod.

Weistec supercharger!!!

Tom, I have mine booked in with Acid @ MSL for the exhaust mod that you have described, and its circa 3hr drive for me each way!! Could have it done closer to home, but having read the reviews on this forum of the company and have had a chat with the man himself, its a no brainer!

You have lots of options open to you really depends on what you are looking for, you can remap which the 63 N/A is really well suited to of course you could go right up to supercharging it. Exhaust work will add to the drama but most of the mid section work will do little for overall increase in performance.

Thanks for all your replies guys!

If I had the budget to supercharge it I definitely would as the gains look insane! I've heard great things about MSL so ill give Acid a shout as soon as I've got the car!

Thanks again, Tom.

Great choice of car :) Already sounds stunning as they are, loved my E63 AMG.

My SL55 AMG is far to quiet, however Acid is sorting that :D

If I had the budget to supercharge it I definitely would as the gains look insane! I've heard great things about MSL so ill give Acid a shout as soon as I've got the car!

Thanks again, Tom.

You can't go wrong with Acid, his customer service is amazing always there when you need him and most importantly knows what he's doing..

Him and Olly at PCS are the only ones I'd personally go for whenever I need anything done, tried, tested and never fail.

Yup spoke to Acid about My E63 and he was very helpful and advice was spot on :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom