Improving the sound.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB-BTurbo

Car
B200 Turbo
The noise on my B200 Turbo is pretty good for a 4 pot when accelerating reasonably hard but it feels very restrained and muffled. Is there a way of opening it up a little? I have looked high and low and no one seems to make aftermarket back boxes for it.

Im not looking for a boy racer 'fart box' sound, just something to enhance what is a decent sound waiting to get out.

Go to a custom exhaust fabricator and get them to design in the sound you want. They are not all that expensive either.

You need four more cylinders for the best sound. :D

Yep, and an income 4 times larger as well to run it, lol.

Go to a custom exhaust fabricator and get them to design in the sound you want. They are not all that expensive either.

Not heard of these. Do they use what you have as standard or are you meaning that they design a backbox based on requirements. How much is not much?

Not heard of these. Do they use what you have as standard or are you meaning that they design a backbox based on requirements. How much is not much?

They will do whatever you want. Typically people have a replacement system from the cats back, but I kept the standard (well, AMG :)) rear box on my R129 and had straight-through pipework fabricated to replace the centre muffler ("resonator").

Plenty of companies around - I used Longlife, who have quite a few branches:

Performance Exhaust - Stainless Steel Car Exhaust Systems - Longlife Exhausts

Speak to EMP Performance in St.Albans, if you are near them.

They're good guys and have worked on a number of forum members cars now - all of which have been very pleased with the results.

Very competitive prices and great fabrication work.
Speak to Simon or Eldin - they own the place.
Explain what you are after and I'm sure they can advise on the best route to take.

:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom