Improving wheelchairs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It looks very poor to me. Sometimes you can learn as much from your failures as successes. I hope this is one of those occasions.

IMHO they'd be better off taking inspiration from those three wheeled trolleys that can mount steps.

But it general it looks like an answer to a question no one was asking. (as you said, users do a small wheelie to mount curbs). Maybe they could add a stepper motor to help with the wheelie for users with less upper body strength?

OT, sorry but, if you are c6, can you post a pic of the hand controls on your e class? I cant work out how to get them on my 211 for my T6 wife....

guydewdney said:
OT, sorry but, if you are c6, can you post a pic of the hand controls on your e class? I cant work out how to get them on my 211 for my T6 wife....

Yes sure. Odd that you can't!!

In the students defence, if hes presented with an ancient nhs cast iron chair, no wonder he csnt get up a kerb.

how about suggesting he looks at stair climbing sack trucks for front castors? It would make an 'attended' chair more pushable up a kerb.

You'd think, given the nature of the project, that he could spell kerb!!!

renault12ts said:
You'd think, given the nature of the project, that he could spell kerb!!!
Oh my! I was so fired up I hadn't even Noticed that!!

Actually I'm just editing that thread to comment on the wheelchair they have.

A uni in America. Michigan State has that?? Even an old second hand one year old chair off eBay would only cost a few dollars.

That is part of what I don't understand too!!

Last edited:
Don't see what the problem is? It's a work in progress, like he says.

"If you have never failed, you have never lived".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom