In 2 minds....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tolly

Car
2001 W210 E200K Avantgarde
I dont really know where to post this so here goes nothing.
I am in desperate need of some opinion, currently in my possesion is a w202 c180 and i love it but its petrol and i have to cover up to 500 km every week which hits my pocket pretty hard so i am being offered a w202 c220 diesel its a 1995 model so its not a CDI however although i am pulled in by the thought thats its diesel it does have more rust than mine, a good bit more rust.
Theres a line of rust goin across the roof just above the windshield, then a small bit on the bonnet and some around the anthenna. The car itself is black in colour and without shine for reasons that are unknown to me.

So my question is, is the 220 diesel a good engine in its own that would make up for other impurities?? or should i close my eyes and walk on by...

Thanks

a good engine but very very slow if its the non turbo engine.

The only known problem with that engine is the diesel pump which is very expensive to replace.

Yeah, I thought that it would be dead slow but i need to get by one more year in the institute so I can finish and get a job, anybody know what type of MPG figures it has?

Yeah, I thought that it would be dead slow but i need to get by one more year in the institute so I can finish and get a job, anybody know what type of MPG figures it has?

Accountancy?

Better the devil you know- as stated some diesel repairs are V expensive. The diesel sounds a bit of a wreck to be honest.

Accountancy?

Motor Trade actually.
Im after getting my level 7 in Transport Management and Technologies, so i thought of going all the way and get a level 8 for just an extra year since thers no jobs relating to my the field of study in Ireland.

Better the devil you know- as stated some diesel repairs are V expensive. The diesel sounds a bit of a wreck to be honest.

Its not so bad you know and its just for one year, like the car is scheduled for an NCT/MOT so if it passes then i guess im not gonna have much choice in the matter, unless the fella asks for too much money on top

My rough calculations suggest you are currently spending about £60 per week on fuel.

How much do you hope to save per week on the car swap and at what point would you actually start to save money?

I spend about 70 euro just to get home and back on weekends which is the 500 km and then during the week to get to IT and back is about 20 km each way and 5 days a week so thats another 200 km which is about 40 euro
So a grand total of 110 euro on fuel and I dont get grants from the IT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom