In a non-political way, Prescott banned from driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Giantvanman

MB Enthusiast
Car
FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography
Banned on totting up/accumulating more than twelve points, the latest offence for 60mph in a 50mpg limit...

John Prescott banned from driving for speeding in Jaguar - Telegraph

Of course, it would have been more serendipitous if it was on the M4 and in the bus lane. Not the first time he has been been banned either.

He could easily have avoided a ban if he'd just asked his missus to take the points.

Please -- we have moved on-----Prescot has retired from active politics years ago -- we have moved on-- we're more "eco friendly " now--- we ride non polluting bikes now--- we have a new breed of politician as typified by this "eco friendly" exchange--- "Best you learn your f*cking place. You don't run this f*cking government ... You're f* cking plebs.------I think I prefer ol "two jags" at least he held his hands up.

A non-story. Headline should be "man gets banned from driving".

By the way, I am deeply offeneded by this thread. It's political.

Merely an illustration that a thread that orginates with John Prescot and the Daily Torygraph is by definition political no matter what sort of " health warning " is attached to it. :dk:

Decent chap who will take it on the chin....

I'm not a Labour fan, but John Prescott is/was a proper honourable old school politician who said what he believed.

A non-story. Headline should be "man gets banned from driving".

By the way, I am deeply offeneded by this thread. It's political.

Merely an illustration that a thread that orginates with John Prescot and the Daily Torygraph is by definition political no matter what sort of " health warning " is attached to it. :dk:

A tounge in cheek statement by myself, highlighting the whole ridiculousness of the story. :D
Although does he not still sit in the house of lords?

JP certainly gave a good performance - he told Clarkson what was what on TG… maybe there's a new career opportunity ahead…

… oh wait, he's got a driving ban.

Last edited:
A tounge in cheek statement by myself, highlighting the whole ridiculousness of the story. :D
Although does he not still sit in the house of lords?

No bounds to his hypocrisy then?!!

If he's left politics, then this can't be a political thread!!

JP certainly gave a good performance - he told Clarkson what was what on TG… maybe there's a new career opportunity ahead

WARNING WARNING THIS IS NO DRILL! Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear [TG] thread critical mass has been achieved ALERT! Forum readers should avert their gaze NOW! lest random fast diatribes are emitted. Before long someone's going to mention the BBC and the licence fee ----------oh----- B*gg*r--- we're all doomed. ;)

JP certainly gave a good performance - he told Clarkson what was what on TG… maybe there's a new career opportunity ahead….

Yes as his producer,fight night!

Let any doubters be assured that this is most certainly not a political thread; it s a thread about double standards and hypocrisy.

I too saw Lord Prescott on TG where he argued for implementation of variable speed limits and the motorway bus lane assisted traffic flow. I believe he said that by slowing traffic down it actually moved quicker which was a poor explanation of the science involved.

He isn't wrong about traffic flow management but the picture as a whole does have a tinge, a hint of hypocrisy in this sense; it would be nice for our masters to practice what they have been trying to make us do by means various for years i.e. slow down for safety, for the environment etc.

In my former employment, had I been banned for a single speeding offence, I would have been fighting to keep my job and long before any ban came in for totting up, I would have been removed from driving duties and been fighting for my job.

No, this thread is about hypocrisy and double standards, how the law makers require others to adhere to standards that they themselves do not.

Last edited:
Hypocrisy?

But in a way you might be a bit like John Prescott yourself…

Well, you have three Mercs...

I too saw Lord Prescott on TG where he argued for implementation of variable speed limits and the motorway bus lane assisted traffic flow. I believe he said that by slowing traffic down it actually moved quicker which was a poor explanation of the science involved.

So the above is what Prescott said - and relates to traffic flow and congestion.

He isn't wrong about traffic flow management but the picture as a whole does have a tinge, a hint of hypocrisy in this sense; it would be nice for our masters to practice what they have been trying to make us do by means various for years i.e. slow down for safety, for the environment etc.

But he didn't actually say the reason to slow was for safety or the environment.

No, this thread is about hypocrisy and double standards, how the law makers require others to adhere to standards that they themselves do not.

So the 'standard' Prescott actually mentioned was in relation to traffic flow, ie congestion.

'' when he was caught travelling home to Hull just south of the Humber Bridge at about 9pm on the day of the incident in August 2014.''

Just how congested do you suppose the road was at 9pm?

I was never particularly a Prescott fan, but I admired the way he decked the guy that egged him. Took the smirk off his stupid face (the guy, not JP).

WARNING WARNING THIS IS NO DRILL! Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear [TG] thread critical mass has been achieved ALERT! Forum readers should avert their gaze NOW! lest random fast diatribes are emitted. Before long someone's going to mention the BBC and the licence fee ----------oh----- B*gg*r--- we're all doomed. ;)

Hitler.

I was never particularly a Prescott fan, but I admired the way he decked the guy that egged him. Took the smirk off his stupid face (the guy, not JP).

The guy needed a punch just for having that mullet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom