In Austria. Help diagnose clunking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pembssurf

Car
toyota
Hi peeps. Almost at the end of our European road trip in our W204 c180 estate. Did the GrossGlockner high Alpine road yesterday and near the end of the day half way down the hair pins I started getting a fairly loud clunking every few rotations of the wheel when I turned right. Sounds like it's either coming from the rear nearside or possibly underneath the middle of the car. Obviously the GrossGlockner is a taxing road but we were taking it very very easy. The problem occurred only when turning right on hairpin bends and braking did not effect it. The sound disappeared after I pulled up at the bottom of the road and let the car cool down as it was a very hot day, also played with the parking brake at the same time to eliminate that. Drove a further 200km that day with the sound not returning.

Very mechanical sounding clunk when turning right and not so much like suspension. Any ideas? Still got another 2800 km to do so slightly worried. :/

Hi,
Could it have been from overheated wheel bearing or power steering?
Cheers
Steve

Take it easy and bring it home,there are no bonus points for getting a foreign garage to mess the car up,nurse the car back to blighty you will be like one of those bomber pilots limping in on two engines and no undercarriage

Take it easy and bring it home,there are no bonus points for getting a foreign garage to mess the car up,nurse the car back to blighty you will be like one of those bomber pilots limping in on two engines and no undercarriage

Make sure you don't get gravel rash on your undercarriage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom