In-car communication question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gizmo750

Car
Audi TT
Hi all,

I am looking for a little help / reassurance from some of you that have Bluetooth equipment in your Mercs.

I currently have a Siemens carkit in my CLK and I am fed up with it as it doesn't work properly. As I have a number of mobile devices (Siemens S55, Ericsson P900, SPV and others) I reckon that my best solution is to get the Ericsson Bluetooth carkit and then use whichever phone I happen to have rather than be restricted to only being able to use the Siemens S55 in the current carkit.

I know there is a lot of "concern" with using passive radio equipemtn especially in a Mercedes it would seem (factory / dealers very wary of it!) but I was looking for real world experiences from you chaps.

Anyone had any problems with Bluetooth affecting in car equipment such as Comand / airbags / computer / gearbox etc?

Any thoughts / experiences / advice would be most welcome before I go and order myself something that I might regret (or don't order it and wish that I had!!!!!)

Thanks

Guy

I have had no problems with interference whatsoever in 2 yrs of using BT phone kits and none of the people I know with them have, I think it's a myth personally. In addition, it will be an option on all new Mercs from next year.

Cheers
Andy

Use the Sony Ericsson kit (HCB-30) - with both t610 and Panasonic X70 - no problems with either in my W202.

Nokia Bluetooth kit + E Class (W211) = no problems.

Originally posted by OGiii
Nokia Bluetooth kit + E Class (W211) = no problems.

Same here, I've done 20K miles now without any issues.

Guy, as you know I also have a S55. I also have the Siemens HHB-510 Bluetooth headset which works great, no problems. I originally bought the Nokia headset (can't remember the model), but it would only work intermittently with the S55 - sent it back in the end.

Don't know about the Ericsson kit - but check it carefully!

Cheers
Andrew

Thanks for the info and replies chaps. I think that I am going to try and get myself an Ericsson Bluetooth kit as my primary handset is the new P900. Should work fine with the Siemens S55 I have too.

This means that I can get rid of the phone console and cradle that's currently cluttering my dash!

Will let you know what its like when I get it installed.

Cheers

Guy

If you can get un-locked p900's cheap, pls let me know !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom