In car DVD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marc777

Banned
Car
E270 cdi Avantgarde; Wifes car Yellow VW Beetle (new shape)
Can anyone recommend a portable in car DVD player, with screens for each headrest.

Marc

Just to make it easy for you answers are:
Q1-Option 1
Q2-Option 2
Q3-Fifth (can't remember what option that was)
Q4-Option 3
Q5-Option 1
Q6-Option 1
Q7-Option 3
Q8-Option 2
Q9-Option 4

There are a couple of other interesting competitions on there as well.

Ive not done the DVD part yet, but i have the in-dash screen, tv tuner, and navigation, together with the rest of my sound system... DVD changer or Playstation 2 coming in the near future.... oh yeah.. and not a cable in sight! install if done properly can be very hidden.

If you want quality, go for Alpine\Kenwood or pioneer options... If you want cheap but good, got for pwople like NEXVOX or sommin..

or you could go the MB command route and pay mega money!

Had a DVD system installed in the S500 a while back and after 2 weeks had it ripped out.
It was a lovely job done by Auto Audio in Manchester, no cables showing and 7" widescreen monitors in the headrests.
The big problem was that the DVD player they fitted did not have a permanent feed and a switched feed.
This meant every time the ignition was switched off the DVD player switched off and then when you switched on again the player came back on.
Big problem when you stop for petrol etc. and it is part way through a film or MP3 CD.
The bloody thing goes back to the start!!
Lots of faffing about to get to the same point on the disc.
This was so frustrating eventually you can't be bothered to use it and makes it totally useless.

Originally posted by S500L
Had a DVD system installed in the S500 a while back and after 2 weeks had it ripped out.
It was a lovely job done by Auto Audio in Manchester, no cables showing and 7" widescreen monitors in the headrests.
The big problem was that the DVD player they fitted did not have a permanent feed and a switched feed.
This meant every time the ignition was switched off the DVD player switched off and then when you switched on again the player came back on.
Big problem when you stop for petrol etc. and it is part way through a film or MP3 CD.
The bloody thing goes back to the start!!
Lots of faffing about to get to the same point on the disc.
This was so frustrating eventually you can't be bothered to use it and makes it totally useless.

A bit OTT to have fitted and taken out for such a easily resolved complaint? Should have just got the power supply sorted how you wanted it!

Originally posted by S500L

Better that than to come back to the car to find that the battery has run flat.:(

A bit OTT to have fitted and taken out for such a easily resolved complaint? Should have just got the power supply sorted how you wanted it!

The power supply could not be sorted. According to Auto Audio (one of the most highly regarded ICE dealers in the country) there is no in car DVD player currently available with a permanent feed and an ignition controlled feed. I am sure if they could have got it to work how it should they would have done rather than having to give a refund.

To reiterate the problem was that when the ignition was switched off the player switched off completely. When the ignition was switched on again the player started the DVD or MP3 disc from the beginning not from the point it was last at.

ive got my player wired to permanent 12v and quite a few times ive forgot to switch it off and still had no problem starting car a day later. not ideal i know but they use such little power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom