in dash sat nav instal on 129sl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
GrahamC230K said:
Unlikey to work, don't know what's different about trackers etc, but these GPS aerials need better line of sight than that - thin plastic at top of dash perhaps, under carpet I would be shocked.
mine is under a metal grill (which should sheild it if anything!) and it gets maximum sats most of the time!

GrahamC230K said:
Unlikey to work, don't know what's different about trackers etc, but these GPS aerials need better line of sight than that - thin plastic at top of dash perhaps, under carpet I would be shocked.

I agree, I watched the tracker guy fit a system to my old E55 & my AM and they def need a line of site to the sky.

on the SL it may work under the carpet but only if you never ever fit the hard top & what about the effect of a passengers body /legs getting in the way .

steve_bcs said:
on the SL it may work under the carpet but only if you never ever fit the hard top & what about the effect of a passengers body /legs getting in the way .
The car I saw it on was an SLK, it was in the passenger footwell.

I fitted mine just under the dash, the GPS antennas was a S class unit.
Take out the top glove box and you will find a gap between the steel dash rails, just put (wedge) it under the dash, central.
What you dont skin your knuckles .... :D

By the "top glove box" I assume you mean the passenger airbag. How does this come out, and is it wise to have the antenna so close to the airbag?

?? The glove box is the little sunglasses holder over the CC unit vents. It should be nowhere near the air bag :)

doriant said:
I fitted mine just under the dash, the GPS antennas was a S class unit.
Take out the top glove box and you will find a gap between the steel dash rails, just put (wedge) it under the dash, central.
What you dont skin your knuckles .... :D

I tried that but got really poor reception :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom