In need of a chauffeur'd Classic Mercedes benz to hire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BillyW124

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E320 coupe, W211 E320 V6 CDI, W211 E63 V8 AMG, R129 SL 280 V6, W215 CL 600 V12 Bi Turbo.
Hi Guys,

i'm wondering if anybody can help or point me in the right direction,

its for my wedding comming up in Sept and so far i'm in the mix of getting either a white Maybach 62 or Porsche Panamera 4s. Both of which are available for the date i need.

However, i would love a classic benz. Anyone know any company's that are up for hire with driver?

My searches are not being to good to me!

Cheers

Google suggests: Barratts Classic Mercedes Wedding Car Hire

weddingcarbig.jpg

Is my invitation on the post than :D It's got to be a Pagoda Billy

It's got to be a Pagoda Billy[/QUOTE]

Hang on, wouldn't that mean he'd have to be marrying the chauffeur? :crazy:

It's got to be a Pagoda Billy

Hang on, wouldn't that mean he'd have to be marrying the chauffeur? :crazy:[/QUOTE]

Fear point but said that considering he'll drive

Don't get the panamera, you may get clarkson as the chauffeur :D

isn't that the ex-Donovan car?

Ok...So here she is an absolute Beaut!

I had the opportunity to take it for a blast on the carraige way tonight and god was it a pleasure to drive. Thank you to Mr. S Barratt.

The 6.3 engine is smooth as silk. I was blown away firstly to be allowed to drive it, secondly the pick up of the beast along very smooth gear changes was bloddy very...very impressive. The car shifts! I was not expecting it to be as quick, seamless and effortless in its delivery. Never in a million years did i expect it.

Handles very well on the long straights and car stays very stable indeed. The SLS airy ride making it float through dips and bumps on the road.

The steering came to me as a shock. It is very light and responsive?! I thought it would be a right old bicep work out.

Highlight has to be the pick up and kick down. The accelerator pedal is actually smoother then on my 124! The smoothness of the 6.3 was top. Like i said, I was blown away and so to was my friend who came down with me to view. The restoration of the vehicle is 100% spot on. Its been overhauled completely from many hours of work and costings involved was mammoth.

Given the restoration on the car and the fact it is as near as it would have been 40 odd years back when new, the ride IMO is astonishing given the times now with modern techonolgical advances. Imagine what it must have felt like then?

Having a good gander around the vehicle and listening to Steve talk about the little attention to details on the car and how MB used to engineer their cars, made me think on a 40 year old car such this it was indeed advanced for its time?

Donovan and co must have loved it cruising down from the Wentworth Estate to the Hard Rock cafe in town.

...must of had some chicks in the back at some point of his ownership ample of space at the back. The room back there is huge.

I was sold really from the point the cover came off the car, and now she's going to join me on my big day to come soon. Its a beautiful car and has got some special history behind it.

Enjoy....

Last edited:
you are certainly right there Red.

i was thinking of the pullman too!

look at the restorations carried out by John Haynes:

Mercedes-Benz 600 Grosser Pages | John Haynes Mercedes

Check out the SL restoration too. Amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom