In or no excusues "out"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
^Saw him drive in Gav. Couldn't believe he stopped across two bays, get out and stroll toward the shop.

I had thought it an end space , and the car just not parked particularly close to the wall , perhaps to allow a passenger to exit ?

It is hard to be sure from the photos .

The space to the left of the Merc as we look at the picture has wear and no markings so appears to me to be an area to drive through to exit that car park - with the two spaces on the right of it.

If you look there is no continuation of the line into this area I'm thinking is a driveway.

That's if I read you correctly on being an end space.

For a BMW driver they are both miles in

You’re right. If it was me in my 5 GT I would have at least the tyre width on the outside. Not because I’m a w@nker, just because I’m fed up of people opening their into mine or resting them on my car.

You’re right. If it was me in my 5 GT I would have at least the tyre width on the outside. Not because I’m a w@nker, just because I’m fed up of people opening their into mine or resting them on my car.

Yes it is

Well for me both the parking photo's are out.you are supposed to park within the white lines,but with cars getting wider and some of the new car parks cramming spaces in they have reduced the size it can be a hard thing to do,top marks for our local Home Bargains where the spaces are very generous

Both one and two are ok. Living in central London and knowing how anal traffic wardens are, you wouldnt get a fine for either.

Some of you would have a fit if you saw how Italians “park”!

Yeah it's amazing how people park, and it's a Mercedes too!

20161025_093134.jpg

Maybe we should have a thread...'anyone seen any bad parking lately' :cool:

Yeah it's amazing how people park, and it's a Mercedes too!

View attachment 96461

This is technically in even though he isnt helping others park.
the residents parking bay near my is in front of a bus stop and i parked my car which was hanging out of the parking bay into the bus stop but my wheels were in the line. TfL guy showed up after 20 minutes to "inspect". Took of without saying a thing.

This is technically in even though he isnt helping others park.
the residents parking bay near my is in front of a bus stop and i parked my car which was hanging out of the parking bay into the bus stop but my wheels were in the line. TfL guy showed up after 20 minutes to "inspect". Took of without saying a thing.

Yes, I have noticed that too, parking wardens in London go by the location of the wheels, not the overhang, though I am not sure if it's enshrined in law or just a common concession.

With the wall so close to my driver-side door, and the apparent extra tight nature of this particular spot, I’d certainly bypass it all possible. Would much prefer to park a good distance away than to anguish over which jackass is going to box me in even tighter or damage my doors. But that’s just the way I live every day with MY Benz.

Attachments

• 960E8CC2-4B1A-4653-A4CD-74997534235D.jpeg
    960E8CC2-4B1A-4653-A4CD-74997534235D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
With the wall so close to my driver-side door, and the apparent extra tight nature of this particular spot, I’d certainly bypass it all possible. Would much prefer to park a good distance away than to anguish over which jackass is going to box me in even tighter or damage my doors. But that’s just the way I live every day with MY Benz.
The rationale behind parking far away in the empty side of the parking lot is sound, because you assume that anyone else parking far away will be a like-minded fellow driver who will keep his own car far away from other cars, yours included.

But then, you find a panel van, a Volvo SUV full of child seats, or just an old banger with boxes of building supplies stacked on the rear seat, inexplicably parked right next to your car, the two cars entwined in the middle of the empty half of the car park, with the inevitable dent in your door. Frustrating doesn't begin to describe it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom