In or no excusues "out"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T5R+

SUPPORTER
Okay, some of us are parking precious princesses eg seek out an end bay away from all others.

So do you consider either of these "in".

SUrKnORh.jpg

uIiYyKsh.jpg

The second one is overhanging , but unless someone had to use the passenger door it looks as if it could have been parked tighter to the wall ; indeed in a tight space I will often let passengers out first then manoeuvre to within an inch of the wall . It is certainly right on the line , and if someone parked centrally in the adjacent space then the driver would have to be somewhat slim to get back into his/her car , and if both parked like that then someone would lose a coat of paint .

I generally would not park right on the line like that , unless the positions of other cars dictated it .

As it is an end space I would say the first pic is 'IN' and the second is 'OUT', but I bet your nice friendly Traffic warden would say both are 'OUT'.
If it was a space with adjacent spaces on both sides I would say they both are 'OUT'.

I guess looking at my answers again, I would think that if your car will fit inside of the white lines then it should.

FWIW, I would do exactly the same as you and maximise the area between me and the next car.

I would agree with the 1st in / 2nd out.

The second one is overhanging , but unless someone had to use the passenger door it looks as if it could have been parked tighter to the wall

It appears to be that there is a second space between the red Merc and the wall which may explain getting so close to the edge of the space.

I usually do something similar if I have to use this kind of car park to give the other car plenty of room - as long as I am not impeding any parts where vehicles are moving.

I would agree with the 1st in / 2nd out.

It appears to be that there is a second space between the red Merc and the wall which may explain getting so close to the edge of the space.

I usually do something similar if I have to use this kind of car park to give the other car plenty of room - as long as I am not impeding any parts where vehicles are moving.
I had thought it an end space , and the car just not parked particularly close to the wall , perhaps to allow a passenger to exit ?

It is hard to be sure from the photos .

The real problem is that parking spaces are made too small.

This is why we see this type of behaviour, in order to avoid damage from car doors being opened. A parking space has two functions, parking of the vehicle and allowing entry/exit. If the design of the space is deliberately too small, then it doesn't serve it's function.
The deliberate small size of parking spaces for the average car user is highlighted by the 'parent and child' spaces.

There are 2 spaces here. One adjacent to wall and other where the E Class is parked.

Typical size space ie sufficient but not generous.

To the offside of the parked car is entry to an office car park (they have 2 spaces behind the black post).

Okay, some of us are parking precious princesses eg seek out an end bay away from all others.

So do you consider either of these "in".

SUrKnORh.jpg

uIiYyKsh.jpg

Didn’t you have 19 inch alloys on there before?

I’m not fussed about the parking. ;)

Didn’t you have 19 inch alloys on there before?

I’m not fussed about the parking. ;)

:thumb:. Did indeeed.

This car is currently on one of the winter (18") sets. The 19" are currently undergoing a DIY refurbishment in the back garden to keep the boredom level down.

Better parking than this van spotted in Sainsbury's car park this morning.😖

20200415_093006[1].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom