In search of the antenna amplifier in 2004 c270 Estate W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrBob35

Car
Mercedes Benz 2004 C-class 270 cdi estate auto
I refer back to my post "2004, C 270, Est: No Radio Only Hiss" where I identified two boxes which could have been an antenna amplifier. No one seemed to know what they were.
I have since identified a part from
for my specific model. The part number is A 203 827 05 42 which is described as "Block Circuit-Right Tailgate".
DSC_0003A.JPG
I seek help with this question: Does anyone know for certain what this "BLOCK" contains, in particular does it house the Command Radio Antenna Amplifier?
No one offers this as a recovered part. I may of course be engaged in an unnecessary wild-goose chase as the problem may be else where. Broken lead or faulty Command system.
The details are that the radio signal stopped on all channels, leaving only a hiss on the radio if turned up high. Every other function of the Command system works perfectly. External auto CD player, Aux, mobile phone system, GPS navigation are all OK. Central locking also works perfectly from distance.
Question: what are the likely causes?

Thanks for your reply Chrishazle.
Emailed your recommendation; no reply.
Have realised that S203 means estate for car chassis W203. MB designation is C203.216 Station Wagon, hence S-LOL!
Still in the dark as to what the circuit block contains or weather the symptoms are some other fault cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom