In the Market for a W211 E55 & diagnostic tool (Autel)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mav01987

Car
w211
Hi all

I am new to this forum and hoping to get some advice

So I have owned a Golf 1.4 and a BMW 728i, I realized after owning a big car i like bigger cars just because i drive them more civilized then a smaller car and they have a lot more gadgets then a smaller car. My mother owns an A class the old type ( the ones which kept falling over when they first came out) which I passionately hate.

So a w211 e55 may well be my next vehicle, I want to cut dealership prices so currently I am looking for a diagnostic tool that will match this vehicle I am looking at a Autel Maxisys MS906

I can do servicing breaks etc, I also have a good friend who is a MB enthusiast who is currently restoring a SEC and he is always willing to help.

I wont be using the vehicle to travel to and from work so the cost of maintaining a E55 isn't worrying me too much.

I know the basics on what to look for when buying thanks to previous posts on this forum so thats not too much of a problem.

Diagnostic tool is where I am a bit more confused I was looking at an Autel Maxisys MS906 any advice whether this is a gd tool for a w211 or not would be heavily appreciated according to reviews it is a very good tool but i am not sure.

Any advice from you guys on who is selling a nice black maintained W211 E55 would be heavily appreciated, I have posted on the WANTED thread

If you can stretch to a decent Xentry (STAR) clone, it's well worth it for an MB

The icarsoft980 or MBII are optimised to read MB codes to a deeper level than generic OBD readers.

Do you have any links of ones for sale? Seen a few on eBay but not sure which one would be best

Can't post them here, it gets frowned upon.

I bought mine from AliExpress, cheaper and most come from China anyway

Cheers much appreciated

Can't post them here, it gets frowned upon.

I bought mine from AliExpress, cheaper and most come from China anyway

I can find it on Ebay but i am not sure whether to trust them, would you kindly be able to message me a link as i cant find it on AliExpress

Get a Openport 2 of Ebay then install xentry passthru m8 ? I have been down the path of icarsoft v2 and delphi just go the xentry passthru route m8 and save time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom