Inchcape Service Discount Vouchers & Experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
As forementioned I took the CLS into MB Chester yesterday for the first time, it needed a C service and an early MOT and I am buying a warranty (thats another story).

I got the car from Inchcape Nottingham and you get a little cheque book of vouchers for service discounts and introductory bonus`s etc which is about £50 on a second service and £70 on a third - worth having.

Anyway to the point - It seems they are "giving" this discount now even if you dont have the voucher as I had discussed the service with 3 * MB branches prior and got 3 differing prices - the Chester price was good and they didnt want to charge me for the work done at the last service (that Liverpool didnt even bother checking pre quote). I insisted on seeing the cost projection at drop off (I hate surprises) and it was worked out and £50 was deducted at the end of the bill - when I mentioned the voucher (for £50) they couldnt discount it further which I accepted

So even if your car isnt deemed a classic try for a haggle on the service - you never know!

The loan car a C220 CDi Sport auto was brilliant - really nicely built and it felt solid on the road - amused me to see a form of iDrive on it :)

Service was good and the 2 litres of Mobil 1 left from the 10 litres bought were left in the car (as expected) - sailed through MOT - no warranty work was needed.

Cost was circa £370 (bargain I thought) for the C service plus I had the wheels set up due to the pull which cost £230 but has made the car much better

I decided to buy the MB warranty as the car will be with me for at least all of 09 - its 3 in April so will get it end of March

Overall a good experience at Chester - they are not "that" busy and I felt a bit like a customer not an irritation. The white CLS in the showroom and a new CL500 and another CLS on the grass with "NEW 09" made me think some bargains on pre order stock could be had (the CL500 looked lovely)

I think you did the right thing. If you feel you need the reassurance of a warranty, a pukka Mercedes Tier 1 is the one to have. It's very comprehensive.

I'm always astonished at how quiet MB Chester is - perhaps they're busy paddling away beneath the surface and like to present a calm exterior, but I find it a bit disconcerting. Everything is always very slow there - took 40 mins to take the car off me once.
Can you remember which Service Advisor dealt with you?

On the service prices, they've advertised discounted prices for years in the Chester Chronicle (I've mentioned it many times here). I don't know where a C service fits in but they advertise A service for £199 for most models and B services for £299-£349. This is pukka MB service with fully synth oil etc. It is not an age related deal. Of course the advertised menu of prices doesn't cover anything as exotic as your car but there's no reason why basic servicing should be any different, especially as you supplied your own oil.

You did better on the courtesy car than I've done. Despite them agreeing an E320CDi time before last and a new C Class last time, both times I was given A Class's and a shrug when I queried it.

I think they hate me as my car is on ServicePlus. The first time I went there as a paying customer it was much better (but still slow) and the switched on service advisor who dealt with me had left next time I went.

Last edited:
Hi Rory
I didnt supply my own oil as the overall price was very good and I thought it saves me a trip to costco - so 10 litres of Mobil 1 in the equation!!!
Kim dealt with me on tuesday but Sean did the negotiation initially.
Im a happy bunny apart from the rear tyres needing swaps in a few months - if it upsets the geometry every time its a pricey car to run but it didnt last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom