Incident in Barcelona

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And your solution is...

A far more right wing immigration approach and possible interment of suspected/known radicals.

It would be ugly, expensive and difficult but long term it's the only way.

The approach that the USA, Hungary, Poland follows is the right path. The Merkel way is all wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A far more right wing immigration approach and possible interment of suspected/known radicals.

Re the first part, in the UK quite a few of the attackers were British nationals (and 'Jihadi John' went to QK school which is around the corner from where I live).

Re the second part, if there is not enough evidence to convict someone in a court of law for supporting a terrorist organisation, on what grounds would you intern them? Hearsay?

Re the first part, in the UK quite a few of the attackers were British nationals (and 'Jihadi John' went to QK school which is around the corner from where I live).

Re the second part, if there is not enough evidence to convict someone in a court of law for supporting a terrorist organisation, on what grounds would you intern them? Hearsay?

If a dog is born in a stable does it become a horse?

Because of the neoliberal policies of the last 50 years people are being born here which would otherwise be born abroad. These people then go on to kill.

Clearly, this system has failed as most of these cases are perpetrated by a non ethnic European who follows a certain belief system. There's lots of talk of integration but it's not happening properly.

Have the 3rd world come and live with you and expect the 3rd world come to your door.

With regard to your second point. Yes. Most of these people are known to security services. Interment is the only answer.

The reality?

We never managed to completely stop IRA terror attacks.

Turkey never managed to stop terror attacks by Kurdish separatists.

Israel never managed to stop Palestinian attacks on its citizens.

Pakistan never managed to stop Salafist suicide bombers attacking its civilians.

And neither Egypt, Gaza, or Pakistan managed to stop attacks on their Christian population.

And the list goes on...

Once this sort of sectarian, ethnic, and/or religious violence raises its head, it is impossible to prevent it altogether because young people keep being indoctrinated.

The solution? Manage, contain, and reduce the level of voilence - we have our armed forces, security services, and law enforcement agencies to do the good work.

But realistically it is not possible to 100% prevent these attacks - we'll just have to (sadly) accept that.

If a dog is born in a stable does it become a horse?

Because of the neoliberal policies of the last 50 years people are being born here which would otherwise be born abroad. These people then go on to kill.

Clearly, this system has failed as most of these cases are perpetrated by a non ethnic European who follows a certain belief system. There's lots of talk of integration but it's not happening properly.

Have the 3rd world come and live with you and expect the 3rd world come to your door.

With regard to your second point. Yes. Most of these people are known to security services. Interment is the only answer.

Internment in Northern Ireland led to a huge escalation in violence. It does not work.

The reality?

We never managed to completely stop IRA terror attacks.

Turkey never managed to stop terror attacks by Kurdish separatists.

Israel never managed to stop Palestinian attacks on its citizens.

Pakistan never managed to stop Salafist suicide bombers attacking its civilians.

And neither Egypt, Gaza, or Pakistan managed to stop attacks on their Christian civilians.

And the list goes on...

Once this sort of ethnic and/or religious violence raises its head, it is impossible to prevent it altogether because young people keep being indoctrinated.

The solution? Manage, contain, and reduce the level of voilence - we have our armed forces, security services, and law enforcement agencies to do the good work.

But realistically it is not possible to 100% prevent these attacks - we'll just have to (sadly) accept that.

A lot of that I agree with but let's take a step back. It's not an every now and then thing, it's a nearly all the time thing.

I accept there will always be mass murder but the sheer extent of it is unprecedented in Western Europe and it's almost exclusively coming from one underlying factor, Islam.

Islam is a minority here. So a small minority is responsible for the majority of public mass killings. Now it's happening more and more.

If this happened once a decade, even once a year or once a couple of years I suspect most people wouldn't be so irate about it. A big part of the Brexit outcome was due to this. People, rightly, didn't want Merkels new guests rocking up with a German passport doing untold damage.

One might argue our foreign policy hasn't helped, but as we've bombed these countries we've made an enemy. We presumably bombed them as we saw them as an enemy.

You don't have your enemy come live with you. We interred Italian and German nationals in WW2. This is a different type of war but it's a war nevertheless.

Last edited:
A lot of that I agree with but let's take a step back. It's not an every now and then thing, it's a nearly all the time thing.

I accept there will always be mass murder but the sheer extent of it is unprecedented in Western Europe and it's almost exclusively coming from one underlying factor, Islam.

If this happened once a decade, even once a year or once a couple of years I suspect most people wouldn't be so irate about it. A big part of the Brexit outcome was due to this. People, rightly, didn't want Merkels new guests rocking up with a German passport doing untold damage.

One might argue our foreign policy hasn't helped, but as we've bombed these countries we've made an enemy. We presumably bombed them as we saw them as an enemy.

You don't have your enemy come live with you. We interred Italian and German nationals in WW2. This is a different type of war but it's a war nevertheless.

Did you see the post above yours?

Internment in Northern Ireland led to a huge escalation in violence. It does not work.

It did in WW2. I suspect interring the known/suspected radicals would do wonders and we could see how we'd get on after that.

We've had this discussion...

The majority of terrorists are Muslim. But the majority of Muslims are not terrorists...

The majority of paedophiles are middle-aged white men. But the majority of middle-aged white men are not paedophiles...

The majority of street muggings in London are carried out by young black men. But the majority of London's young black men are not criminals...

Etc etc etc.

I could go on about Irish, Jews, Indians, etc.

Tragetting a largely innocent population because of the actions of the few is called stereotyping: it's illegal, immoral, and plain wrong.

Last edited:
Targeting a largely innocent population because of the actions of the few is called stereotyping: it's illegal, immoral, and plain wrong.

I disagree. 7% of Germans were nazis.

Looked how that turned out.

But stereotypes are wrong. Let's look forward to what the peaceful religion has in store next.

Happy?

I find it odd in this digital fingerprint big brother age that terrorists can still conduct their business. The authorities can keep an eye on motorists, council tax payers, soon as you move house the local water company bills arrives instant.Marketing companies have all sorts of data on consumers .
GCHQ is supposed to be one of the best snooping stations in the world-what do they do?
Why do American net giants promote and protect terrorists (imagine the piss boiling if they were muslim companies)
Why does the us and uk do billion dollar arms deals withe saudis -where wahabbism is at its strongest? And then there's the neocon pot-stirring devious zionists -the ultimate
terror manipulators
markjay spot on on your last comment -that is what IS precisely want to do.Anyone who thinks that way then thinks all Germans are Nazis , or that anyone who drives a VW beetle must be a hitler supporter ! The KKK actively promote themselves as a Christian organization foremost ...do i think they are christian?........

Last edited:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

GCHQ will know a great deal more than we will on the outside. It's a game of wait and see in order to pick the best time to pounce for max impact. Sadly waiting and watching possibly costs innocent lives while pouncing exposes knowledge and a consequential change in tactics by terrorists. It's a complex and lethal battle fought by all of us willing or otherwise.

Railwayman said:
Good to hear they shot dead the driver of the van today, next to a sewage plant, best place for him.
I think it's a shame he was shot. Far better to haul him up in court, try him and lock him up for the rest of his life preventing him from hooking up with those 72 virgins. Oh, I forgot to add, turn a blind eye when he gets the occasional kick-in and generally let him wish he was brown bread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom