Inconsiderate parking + Red mist rises.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is this real?

1) To block him like that is dumb beyond belief.
2) He could have got out without so much crashy bashy stuff.
3) Looks like a Lada so could be a spoof?

There's a million of these vids. The world is a big place and everyone's got a video camera in their pocket or hand.

I watched a compilation of them last night actually, and an evoque was blocked in by a Jag XF which it repeatedly bashed into to shift it out of the way. Jag's entire offside was totalled, Evoque damaged somewhat at the front too.

Just search for parking revenge compilation or something.

Ha! I didn't need a video camera to see what happened next..

I took the Missus to Monklands Hospital for an appointment, it was just before Christmas and I never understand why but parking goes mental then, or rather the shortage of it... I'm sitting parked up, on the road and across from me is a smallish gap, enough maybe for a Fiat 500 but no larger..so this old guy appears in his Fiesta and double parks for a minute. Gets out and has a look at the gap. What happens next is very similar to the above.. he rolls back and hits the first car gently then lines up and hits the second car in the same manner and continues these two manoeuvres "Back & forwards" until he is tightly squeezed in, then gets out his car, looks around, looks to see if there was any damage and walks off.. needless to say I put a note on both damaged cars window with the details etc.. never heard anymore....

^^^ Standard parking procedure in Paris

AND Italy, my wife and i went on holiday to Rome and we were amazed at the amount (nearly all) parked cars were bumped.
In busy city streets its normal to leave parked cars in neutral with the handbrake off so they can be nudged along without causing (too much) damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

st13phil said:
In busy city streets its normal to leave parked cars in neutral with the handbrake off so they can be nudged along without causing (too much) damage. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What happens if you have an automatic?

It gets bashed!

In SanFrancisco, it is illegal not to park with:

Wheels facing the kerb.
Car in Gear or Park.
Handbrake on.

Oh....they have wardens etc who do check.

In busy city streets its normal to leave parked cars in neutral with the handbrake off so they can be nudged along without causing (too much) damage.

Can you imagine the response from some of our more precious members? :D

Typical parking in a Milan side street:

Hi,
Never forget the time we arrived back at East Midlands airport and we had our suitcases on a luggage trolley.
On the down ramp to the long stay car park - right at the bottom of the ramp, some muppet had parked their Jaguar XK in the no parking yellow hatched area.
Our trolley accidentally bashed into said car at the bottom of the ramp.
I hate to think what that car looked like after a few days of inevitable trolley dings!
Cheers
Steve

Wait till you travel and own a car in india. They have car(park) attendants who have your keys as well leaving the car in neutral. You sometimes come back and the car is in a different place. The main rage in the mornings is when the car is not left in neutral and steering straight and it is causing a hold up for other people to move their cars. The car that I had was and Indian version of the Victor, called the Contessa http://image.priceprice.k-img.com/g...rs_Contessa/Hindustan_Motors_Contessa_L_1.jpg

Many moons ago somebody blocked us in whilst we were in Maccy D's in Golders Green. Luckily for us but not for the owner, the car was unlocked, so it was unceremoniously rolled into Golders Green high road and was left there with its windows down, hazards on and minus it's indicator stalks, gear knob and knobs off the radio. I think it was about 1985.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom