Increased functionality required on the Comand on my W220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrBlueSky

Car
W220 S500 V8
OK, I have read many of the posts on here and done many searches for a definitive answer, but not found one yet :dk:

I have an '04 W220 S500. It has a Nokia in the centre armreast, the one with the curly cord ("380 Complete pre-installation for mobile phone").

I would like to remove the factory fit phone and use bluetooth to connect my iPhone 4, I would also like to stream music from the phone.

There appears to be 4 solutions;
  1. Viseeo MBU-1000 for bluetooth phone (but no streaming)
  2. Dension GW500 with bluetooth adapter
  3. Itronic BT
  4. Fiscon Pro Bluetooth kit
Can anyone provide advice on which is, in their opinion, the best solution?

If I went with the Viseeo, I would need to get the MP3 format sorted for my DVD player and for the changer in the boot, as I can't cope with only having 7 audio disks to listen to (also, can anyone tell me how to burn an mp3 DVD with folders that will play in the Comand?)

Many thanks for your assistance.

Andy

Last edited:
Get an iPhone and use the MB iPhone cradle. You can then use the iPhone as an iPod (with the MB interface) as well as a phone.

Get an iPhone and use the MB iPhone cradle. You can then use the iPhone as an iPod (with the MB interface) as well as a phone.

DO MB do an iPhone 4 cradle though, I haven't seen one anywhere..

No they don't, yet. I would go with the 3GS anyway. Cheaper, less buggy

Richard just posted the other day the Iphone 4 cradle is due to be released at the end of this month.

However you have the fixed curly lead cradle. The new cradles need the newer UHI exchangeable cradle system which you dont have.

To retrofit it it will cost roughly £400+ in parts alone which wont include labour or the cost of the iphone 4 cradle. http://www.comandonline.co.uk/Phone-System-Retrofit-Kits/

Which Comand do you have NTG1? If so it does play mp3s. Comand manual tells you how to burn mp3 cds / dvds.

Ipod interface doesnt work on the NTG1 in W220 so you would not be able to link an iphone cradle as suggested above.

http://www.mercupgrades.com/COMAND+++All+about+the+different+Mercedes+COMAND+systems-article-54.html

Last edited:
Richard just posted the other day the Iphone 4 cradle is due to be released at the end of this month.

However you have the fixed curly lead cradle. The new cradles need the newer UHI exchangeable cradle system which you dont have.

To retrofit it it will cost roughly £400+ in parts alone which wont include labour or the cost of the iphone 4 cradle. Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Phone System Retrofit Kits

Which Comand do you have NTG1? If so it does play mp3s. Comand manual tells you how to burn mp3 cds / dvds.

Ipod interface doesnt work on the NTG1 in W220 so you would not be able to link an iphone cradle as suggested above.

COMAND - All about COMAND

Thanks a lot for the info, around £500 wouldn't be a problem if I got all of the functionality I need, but I'm not sure I would with any MB solution? Bluetooth is the preferred option as my SHMBO has an iPhone 3GS and so a cradle would not suffice, if I ever get her to drive the S.

With Bluetooth the music streaming is also required so I am not using a highly functional smartphone as a basic phone :crazy:

Whitenemesis, I alreqady have the iPhone 4 and as for the 3GS being less buggy, the software is identical in both phones if you keep them upgraded, and the iPhone4 is not buggy in any way I have found, although reception is not as good as the 3GS (or any other phone I have!).

Further info?

I have just seen that ComandOnline are now offering the iPhone4 cradle, it staes that it should fit in my model, but not the exact functionality it provides, I guess it will just be the phone, so in reality my Viseeo is stil a better bet?

Any tyhoughts?

Has anyone else resolved the above problem?

And all this the day before the iPhone5 is announced!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom