indash DVD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vts70

Car
2002 E270CDi Avantguard
if you had £600 ish, what in dash DVD would ya buy and why? as i am looking for 1. Do ya have 1 for sale? :bannana:

You would be lucky to get an in dash dvd setup for that kind of money, of any quality. Clarion do some nice headunits with semi motorised 7" (I think) screens. You would then need to get a seperate DVD player to go in the boot or elsewhere such as a cd changer.

A friend has got this setup in his Alfa and it works well. Ill see if i can get model no's and prices as I will be seeing him in the morning.

Just noticed where your from Ill post some links tomorrow

Those that spring to mind

SWAD ICE (Burton On Trent) No to follow
Mobile Solutions (Derby) 01332 290555 (Off pentagon island behind Peugeot Dealership.

the Clarion head units are quite nice. I have one in mine. My main gripe is the user interface on it is a bit crap and not the most intuitive. I've not seen the latest units but I think they have the same interface. Pioneers are IMHO are the most user friendly. They'll most likely be above your £600 budget though.

I have the 928 Clarion model. it's a very nice unit but I wouldn't pay £1100 for it. I'd have a play with the interface first to see if you can live with it. For example, if you pop an MP3 CD with folders into it, to change folders requires about 5 keypresses and taking your eyes off the screen instead of a simple up and down button.

check the kenwood and pioneer units out as well.

im told also the clarion will not function through steering wheels controls and that the ignition has to stay on all the time to use radio etc. is this correct im told there is no accesorie position on ign the w 203 is i think called (can bus) can someone tell me more about this

pipehose said:
im told also the clarion will not function through steering wheels controls and that the ignition has to stay on all the time to use radio etc. is this correct im told there is no accesorie position on ign the w 203 is i think called (can bus) can someone tell me more about this

don't know about the w203 but on a w202 the ignition does indeed have to be on all the time and it does have issues with steering wheel controls. Even Clarion's own steering wheel mounted control doesn't work on it. How stoopid is that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom