Independant in Glasgow Area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
E280 CDi Sport
Can anyone recommend a good independent in the Glasgow Area?
Thanks

Yes. My guy is the best Indy in Scotland by a country mile. Call Steven on 0141. 951 4447. He is factory trained and knows everything about every Benz. His own car has the V6 diesel so you are in good hands
Knights wood Mot centre. DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE IT TO IBROX.

Merparts in Port Glasgow are the best in the area and among the best in the country - especially for older Mercs, though they are fully up to date with the newer models too. Paul and Steff Mazzoni have been working on Mercedes since Noah was a lad, and they really understand the cars. They are expert advisers to the owners' club. Don't expect plush carpet and coffee machines in a waiting room - they concentrate on what really matters (the workshop) and are happy to talk about the technical issues.

Yes. My guy is the best Indy in Scotland by a country mile.

When I see this sort of unqualified statement I tend to doubt the objectivity of the poster.

DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE IT TO IBROX.

And this sort of statement tends to reinforce that feeling.

I've been to both Ibrox and HB's fella. I won't post on here my experiences of them but if you want to PM me, please do.

When I see this sort of unqualified statement I tend to doubt the objectivity of the poster.

And this sort of statement tends to reinforce that feeling.
Mr Dryce.
I am simply saying this because my Indy Steven has had to fix a number of Mercedes which have been to IBROX and not been repaired properly. This does not just apply to ST4s car.
Therefore on terms of being objective, I am only stating facts. Y

Mr Dryce.
I am simply saying this because my Indy Steven has had to fix a number of Mercedes which have been to IBROX and not been repaired properly. This does not just apply to ST4s car.
Therefore on terms of being objective, I am only stating facts. Y

Your posts always come across as if there is some kind of tie in between you and the Indie you promote.

Is there?

Your posts always come across as if there is some kind of tie in between you and the Indie you promote.

Is there?
Will.
There is no tie up with me personally at all. We as a family have been having our Mercs serviced by this Indy for over 20 years. In all that time I, my late father and my uncles , friends etc have not found a more capable Mercedes mechanic. We have seen where cars belonging to people we know are taken to other indys and to be honest they have been getting a raw deal by and large. Our cars range from SLs to a CLC and he looks after them all.
I am only vocal about him because of the quality of his work and I hate seeing people ripped off for shoddy work.

There is no tie up with me personally at all. We as a family have been having our Mercs serviced by this Indy for over 20 years.

Seems fair enough, so are you saying there is no commercial tie up between you or your family members and this Indie that you use?

Only for VAG. My brother is the REVO dealer for Glasgow which has nothing to dowith Mercs or me.
Your fishing has been answered. I have no commercial tie at all.

Only for VAG. My brother is the REVO dealer for Glasgow which has nothing to dowith Mercs or me.
Your fishing has been answered. I have no commercial tie at all.

So, your Brother supplies the Indie his parts...

No commercial tie in...Got that. ;)

So, your Brother supplies the Indie his parts...

No commercial tie in...Got that. ;)
What crap are you on about. Go and google REVO. F all to do with parts.
Have you got that.
Now go bait some AMG drivers as usual.

What crap are you on about. Go and google REVO. F all to do with parts.
Have you got that.
Now go bait some AMG drivers as usual.

Play fair H, your brother supplies Brothwick and Malloch with suspension kits (isn't that parts) -- indeed we discussed a coil over set up or a lowering spring and Bilstein damper set up on the phone and relative costs and benefits each would bring.

(IIRC tuning kits as he was very keen for a DTE box to be fitted to it) and is frequently down there. Revo remaps, Bilstein suspension kits can be fitted to a Mercedes. I should know, I had one fitted and had all the benefits and cons with such a kit, better handling, horrific tyre wear and geometry issues that took numerous visits to fix.

I'd say he certainly has a tie in with Brothwick and Malloch. I'm not saying Steven Malloch is a bad mechanic, indeed he did a good job sealing up my turbo after the Ibrox place didn't seal it properly, but you, through your brother, have a wish for people to go there and have their cars serviced and lowered.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom