Independant V Main dealer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David Bird

Car
Mercedes C200 stunning condition Rare Red 1999
Went to see a reccomended independant today - Went in and was greeted almost instantly with a smile - What can we do for you sir- " Just bought a C200 and would like to get it serviced and gearbox fluid changed - Its 13 yrs old but pretty mint " chap tells me he will judge general state and asks for keys and beckons me to accompany him whilst he drives. Chap is clearly impressed with car and presses button/buttons on dash and gets a display showing car was serviced 6900 miles ago ,off we go and he gives me running commentary re car . Rather than ask me to book in and get financial gain he advises as the car has obviously been kept in tip top to go away and wait a couple of months and either get my usual mechanic to change oil and filter albeit using good quality semi synthetic oil and a genuine Merc filter or if i pref he would do it and go over rest of mechanicals and report back . Firstly i was chuffed that he thought the car spot on and drove faultless and secondly that he advised against throwing money at it that wasn't neccessary . Top marks Whitefield Manchester independant.Pretty sure Main dealer would have just allowed me to book car in and expect a large wad doing work that wasn't strictly neccessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom