Independent seevice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tarmac360

Car
C class
Hi,
Does anyone know if it's mandatory to have my car serviced at a main dealer? Ive got a 2012 c class on an original 3 year pcp that I have extended each year for the past two years. Im due a B service and main dealer quotes nearly £800... independent will do it for £400 but wondering if I have to use main dealer. I've asked MB and every time I speak to someone it's a different answer - some say yes i must use main dealer, some say I can use who I want as long as they use genuine MB parts and update the online service portal. Im not sure how many Independents have access to the MB service portal to do this?
Thanks

As you say get it serviced using Merc parts and schedule. Plus keep all the receipts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Or Find a good Indie and keep his receipts..its up to you really, just so long as the car is regularly serviced and any repairs it may require are carried out..shouldn't be a problem really, all they want to see is the car is regularly maintained...

How would this affect the 'lifetime' corrosion warranty ? I hear that this is how MB squirmed out of paying for repairs thousands of rusty cars after 'paint issues' came to light (light brown which turned dark brown on wheel arches and door sills around the world !).

Without a full MB dealer service history - some cars did not show rust for 7 years or more - they (allegedly) refused to fund repairs.

What does the small print say on the PCP agreement ? would you be liable if anything went wrong using an indie ?

Not sure that you will find a definitive answer here. Best of luck.

I had a B service at my indy and it cost less than £300. Including the spark plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom